Career counselors are responsible for providing career counseling and job-related guidance to clients.
Their basic responsibility is to provide career-related guidance and counseling to students. They test their aptitude, analyze the student’s potential and guide them accordingly.
While writing a career counselor resume, keep the following tips in mind:
1. Limit your resume to 1-2 pages; the recruiters tend to lose interest if the resume is too long.
2. Highlight only the relevant and recent experiences.
3. Use keywords to make your resume optimized and searchable.
4. Always customize and tailor your resume as per the needs of the employer.
5. Review and proofread your resume several times before sending it.
Below is a sample career counselor resume for your further guidance.
Career Counselor Resume Example
67 Ivy Lane
Phoenix AZ 55555
(000) 222 -5555
veronica .jayson @ email.com
Dynamic and accomplished career counselor, bringing a decade of experience in providing direction and advice to students and alumni regarding career choices; a supportive individual well versed in need assessment, aptitude testing, and job forecasting.
• Strong Analytical and assessment skills
• Well-versed in conducting aptitude tests
• Expert in job market analysis and annual job forecasting
• Apt at conducting mock interviews and training students for interviews
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proven skills in resume and cover letter writing and editing
Management and Training Corporation, Phoenix AZ
March 2018- Present
• Increased overall enrollments by 30% by designing and conducting career counseling workshops while promoting courses being offered on campus.
• Registered students and determined the appropriateness of various educational programs for them.
• Guided the students seeking a change of subjects or line of education in mid-session and identified the best course of action after assessment.
• Designed and conducted numerous workshops about well-sought-after degrees and the demand for graduates in specific fields in the local and international job market.
• Carried out annual job forecasting to advise the number of graduates for each line of study.
Assistant Career Counselor
International College of Humanities, Phoenix AZ
August 2012 – March 2018
• Convinced 4 college dropouts to re-join their studies and provided them constant support and motivation until their degrees were complete.
• Provided student services and addressed queries of students and their parents regarding career choices and relevant educational programs.
• Worked with students to set career goals and help in identifying suitable educational programs for them.
• Registered various students and conducted their aptitude and achievement tests.
• Conducted workshops for awareness regarding smart career choices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Psychology
University of Arizona, Phoenix AZ
• Master Career Counselor Certificate MCCC
• Nationally Certified Resume Writer NCRW
Recommended: Career Counselor Cover Letter Sample