A smart seller never misses a chance of marketing. Same should be the case of job seekers.
A resume for guidance counselor position is your self-marketing tool, so make sure you utilize it entirely to your benefit.
What distinguishes between a generic guidance counselor resume and an extraordinary guidance counselor resume?
This is a million-dollar question since knowing the answer to this can play a vital role in earning you a job interview.
Here are some answers:
Effective Guidance Counselor resumes utilize field-specific keywords and are thus more optimized
Any resume is incomplete without achievements
Make sure you include a well-written profile/ performance summary
Focus on your skills rather than stating your experience and duties carried out in similar roles
Refer to the example below to get a better idea.
Guidance Counselor Resume Example
590 Vendetta Sq
Bradenton, FL 64931
gina @ email . com
Detail-oriented professional with a solid track record of providing, implementing, and coordinating all -aspects of counseling and guidance programs. Well-versed in providing students with the opportunity, by means of developmental activities, to make positive and healthy decisions in their lives. Adept at developing individualized guidance plans based on student assessment and evaluation. Proven ability to work productively with students, staff, and community resources. Bilingual: English and Spanish. S-7 Certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Data Collection
– Preventive Counseling
– Parental Communication
– Data Analysis
– Therapy Selection
|– Community Liaison
– Behavior Assessments
– Needs Evaluation
– Test Development
– Progress Reporting
– Crisis Management
• Initiated vocational counseling programs for undergraduates – pioneered in establishing the first vocational guidance cell at the campus
• Set up data collection procedures to develop standardized tests and trained 4 counselors in conducting the same
• Reduced dropout rates in the first semester of BS in various disciplines by 20% through effective group counseling sessions of the freshmen
• Consulted district staff and made referrals to community agencies in order to facilitate the students in their indicated areas of need
University of Florida, Bradenton, FL | 2011 – Present
• Devise counseling and guidance programs for students as per their identified needs
• Facilitate the students in vocational choice by conveying accurate and timely vocational information
District School, Bradenton, FL | 2008 – 2011
• Researched and established the needs and issues of diverse population students in the school and devised a 3 phase plan to address the same as instructed by the senior counselor
• Maintained confidential record of all counseling sessions conducted in the guidance center
M.S., Applied Psychology
PIAGET’S INSTITUTE OF MIND SCIENCES, Bradenton, FL, 2008
Majors: School Counseling
Florida Certificate with School Counselor (NT) Endorsement
Florida School Guidance Counselor License
• Student data and scheduling software
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint