Here are 30 common case manager assistant interview questions and answers that will help you prepare for a case manager assistant job interview:
1. What qualifies you as a good case manager assistant?
My strong analytical skills, ability to manage given tasks effectively while meeting deadlines and interpersonal skills qualify me as a good case manager.
2. Why do you want to work for us?
Your company has a good reputation and is very near to my place of residence that’s why I want to work here.
3. Which aspects of this job do you like most?
I like to interact with people and I find the job very rewarding because in a way I am helping someone while on the job.
4. What are your 3 core strengths?
I am a strong team player and an effective problem solver, and I have strong analytical skills which make it easy for me to assess clients.
5. Share an experience where you had to work with a difficult client?
Last year I had a client who was an illegal resident and also a single mother. It was particularly difficult to gain her trust and help her.
6. How do you build rapport with clients?
I let them choose the pace and gain their trust slowly. I start by asking easy questions and move to the sensitive topics later.
7. Tell us about a workplace challenge and how you handled it?
Two years back we had an influx of patients who were earthquake survivors. That week was particularly stressful due to the clients’ number and condition. I handled it by prioritizing my cases and setting timelines for each case.
8. What does cultural sensitivity mean to you?
Cultural sensitivity is very crucial in this field of line. Some things are acceptable in one culture and might be taboo in another. So as a case manager assistant I’m extra careful about it.
9. How important is the role of a doctor in case management?
The role of a doctor is very crucial and most important in the case of management as he/ she is the one who suggests the rehabilitation and treatment plans for the patients. But it is my job to ensure implementation of the same.
10. Why should we hire you?
I meet the essential qualifications, bring 5+ years of relevant experience and possess the core competencies required for the role.
11. Why did you choose this profession?
I am a compassionate person and possess strong people skills which compelled me to choose this profession.
12. Which skills are most needed to succeed as an assistant case manager?
Communication skills, administrative skills, and data gathering skills are most important in this profession.
13. How do you manage a heavy workload?
First of all, I prioritize my cases. Then I handle each case according to its set timeline.
14. How do you balance your personal and professional life?
I achieve this by keeping my working hours fixed and allowing myself enough resting hours as required.
15. Share a time when you went beyond the call of duty?
Last year we were short of staff and there was a massive influx of patients due to a storm that hit the area. I worked many hours overtime to facilitate the clients.
16. How do you manage several cases in a single day?
I categorize the cases according to their nature and stage. After handling the initial data collection cases I complete my filing and then start with follow-up cases.
17. Tell us about your administrative and clerical skills?
I have been providing administrative support to case managers for the past two years. I have strong clerical skills and I am well versed in various data entry software.
18. How do you feel about working as a team?
I am a strong team player and a sociable person. My effective communication skills help me a lot in this regard.
19. Tell me about your management style?
I am a methodical worker and I work systematically. This keeps me organized and enables me to meet deadlines.
20. How would you handle a demanding client?
I give them time to settle down, then I begin by asking neutral questions once they have calmed down.
21. What is the job description of a case manager assistant?
A case manager’s assistant gathers initial data of patients, provides administrative support to the case managers, and assures implementation of the rehabilitation plan.
22. How do you rate your people skills?
I have very strong people skills and I’m good at communicating effectively with people.
23. Have you ever had a disagreement with a colleague? Tell us about it.
Last month I disagreed with my college regarding a new filing system. We discussed our points, listened to one another rationally, and resolved the conflict.
24. How do you handle case-related budget restraints?
I handle budget constraints by effectively managing the given resources, helping the clients claim insurance where applicable, and seeking help from NGOs as required.
25. Do you have any medical training?
I am CPR and First Aid trained.
26. What experience do you have with non-profit organizations?
I have six months of experience with Red Crescent where I volunteered last summer.
27. How do you collaborate with the hospital staff?
I keep all the concerned persons in the loop and follow up on the cases regularly.
28. Describe a time when you felt the need to advocate for a patient?
Three months ago I registered a case where the client was a victim of domestic violence. I advocated her case and referred her to an attorney which proved to be very fruitful.
29. What is the most rewarding aspect of this job?
The most rewarding aspect of this job is to be able to bring betterment to other people’s lives.
30. What initial data do you gather while registering a case?
I gather demographic data, presenting complaints, social economic data, and information regarding previous treatment plans.