An optometry technician is responsible for taking patient history, briefing them before checkups and explaining to them how to take care of the lens.
Additionally, they maintain patient records and inventories.
To succeed as an optometry technician, you require good communication skills, strong attention to detail and time management skills.
An effective optometry technician cover letter must reflect all traits needed to succeed in the job.
Here are some useful tips that will help you create an effective optometry technician cover letter:
1. Always begin your cover letter with a clear subject line that mentions the position you are seeking.
2. Do some research and find out the name of the concerned person and address the letter to them.
3. Write an attention-grabbing introduction that guarantees a great first impression of you as a potential candidate.
4. Think of your unique qualifications that give you an edge over the competition and highlight the same.
5. Sign off formally and professionally, asking for an interview meeting date and appointment.
Here is an Optometry Technician cover letter sample for your further guidance.
Optometry Technician Cover Letter Example
23 Valley View Lane
liam. lindsey @ email . com
September 14, 2022
Mr. Daniel Roger
311 North West Avenue
Dear Mr. Lindsey
I was excited to come across the Optometry Technician position posted recently at indeed.com. With 7 years of experience in vision testing, client briefing, lens adjusting, and problem diagnosis, I am eager to apply for this role.
Here are highlights of my professional achievements:
1. Implemented Oculus Kerato-graph technology at the clinic which increased clientele by 20%.
2. Ensured speedy and complete patient data collection and history taking by implementing a data checklist.
3. Upgraded my qualifications and licensure in the last year and conducted extensive research on the effectiveness of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
At my current workplace, I am known for my exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Being a sociable person I am also a strong team player who is always there to support his colleagues.
My recent research work on Multifocal lenses and Optical coherence tomography (OCT) can be effectively utilized to upgrade the existing service being offered at Hi-Vision and I assure you I am the very person you need to execute above.
I would like to discuss the relevance of my profile and your requirements for the optometry technician position further at your convenience. Kindly convey an interview appointment date and time at (000) 555-9565.
Meanwhile, my resume is attached for your kind review.
Thank you for your time and consideration.