Working as a drywall finisher will require you to write a resume first.
A Drywall Finisher Resume should consist of information about how well you know work, and how safely you can do it.
Experience of, and ability to tape drywall seams, and apply vapor barriers is important to highlight.
Equally important is to offer your skills and experience in reading and comprehending blueprints and drawings in order to determine how to go about working on a drywall project.
See also: Drywall Finisher Cover Letter
Here is a resume sample that you can take information from when writing your own for this position:
Drywall Finisher Resume Sample
336th Road, Wooster, OH 57912
Dexterous and results-oriented Drywall Finisher with 8+ years of experience working as a drywall finisher. Highly skilled in preparing and repairing walls, by applying compound to seams. Ability to prepare panels for painting, and measure and fit panels according to the plan.
• Devised a unique worksite preparation system, as a result, decreased preparation time by 55%.
• Implemented a joint filling system, considered 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Trained 15 apprentices to work on drywall finishing projects as part of their induction.
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance, as a result, decreased equipment breakdown instances.
• Worksite Preparation
• Imperfections Smoothing
• Blueprints Comprehension
• Panel Fastening
• Equipment and Tools Use
• Texturized Compounds Filling
• Sanding Positioning
• Joints Filling
• Metal Corners Installation
• Preventative Maintenance
DPR Construction, Wooster, OH | 2013-present
• Read and comprehend blueprints in order to determine areas of installation
• Clear work areas by removing debris and other items
• Determine which tools and equipment will be needed to perform drywall finishing work
• Apply, level, and smooth out coats of plaster
• Spray coats of stucco over building exteriors in order to form weatherproof services
• Mix plastering ingredients in the right consistencies
• Fit and fasten wallboards into position, by using specified hand tools
• Measure cutting lines by using tape measures and other marking devices
• Remove old drywalls, plaster, or paneling using crowbars and hammers
Cavco Industries, Wooster, OH | 2008-2013
• Removed hazardous materials from work areas in order to prepare them
• Arranged for tools and equipment to be made available to drywall finishers
• Assisted in assembling and installing metal framing and decorative trims for windows and doors
• Helped spread sealing compound between boards and panels as instructed
High School Diploma
Wooster High School, Wooster, OH – 2009