As an entry-level registered nurse, you might have a lack of experience or no experience at all, so you need to include externships, internships, and any honorary, volunteer or part-time experience in your resume.
To show your commitment and enthusiasm to the nursing profession, you may also mention non-relevant experiences while relating their job description to the nursing profession.
Use this example to make your resume. Also, use this RN Cover Letter as a supporting document.
New Grad Registered Nurse Resume Sample – Entry Level
Kelly Smith, R.N.
43 Example Street, Atlantic City, NJ 65555
(999) 999-9999, Kelly @ email.com
To obtain a position as a Registered Nurse at Star Clinic continuing commitment to provide excellent healthcare services utilizing my education, skills, and internship experiences.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING, Atlantic City, NJ | 2015
- Health Assessment
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Health and Aging
- Health Care Information Systems
- Science and Research in Nursing
Acute Rehabilitation Nursing Externship
NJ COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, Atlantic City, NJ | Nov 2017 – Jun 2018
• Provided total care to patients of different ages
Rehabilitation Nursing Assistant
ST. PETER’S HOSPITAL, Atlantic City, NJ | Aug 2016 – Jan 2017
• Assisted patients recovered from amputations, cerebral vascular accidents; knee replacements and spinal cord injuries
• Worked together with members of an interdisciplinary team
• Carried outpatient transfers, cauterizations, and injury care
MADONNA HERITAGE, Atlantic City, NJ | Dec 2015 – Jun 2016
• Assisted Nurses and patients in all kinds of personal care tasks
• Helped senior citizens with daily living activities
Child Care Assistant
BROOK DAYCARE, Newark, DE | Summer 2017
• Took care of children ages 6 months to 5 years
• Planned play activities appropriate to the age of the children
MACY’S CHRISTIANA MALL, Newark, DE | Sep 2011 – Dec 2012
• Performed day to day sales transactions
• Provided customer service to the multicultural population
• Communicated effectively with clients
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Best nursing student of the year award – 2010
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Member: Student Nursing Organization (SNO) | 2010 – Present
Volunteer: Fallston General Hospital | 2007 – 2008