As an entry-level registered nurse, you might have lack of experience or no experience at all, so you need to include externships, internships and any honorary, volunteer or part-time experience in your resume.
To show your commitment and enthusiasm to the nursing profession, you may also mention non-relevant experiences while relating their job description to the nursing profession.
Use this example to make your resume. Also, use this RN Cover Letter as a supporting document.
New Grad Registered Nurse Resume Sample – Entry Level
Kelly Smith, R.N.
43 Example Street, Atlantic City, NJ 65555
(999) 999-9999, Kelly @ email.com
To obtain a position as a Registered Nurse at Star Clinic continuing commitment to provide excellent healthcare services while utilizing my education, skills, and internship experiences.
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING, Atlantic City, NJ | 2015
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Coursework: Health Assessment ~ Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care ~ Evidence-Based Practice ~ Health and Aging ~ Health Care Information Systems ~ Science and Research in Nursing ~ Leadership
● Obtained twelve-week psychiatric clinical training
NJ COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, Atlantic City, NJ | Nov 2014 – Jun 2015
Acute Rehabilitation Nursing Externship
• Provided total care to patients of different ages
ST. PETER’S HOSPITAL, Atlantic City, NJ | Aug 2011 – Jan 2012
Rehabilitation Nursing Assistant
• Assisted patients recovered from amputations, cerebral vascular accidents; knee replacements and spinal cord injuries
• Worked together with members of an interdisciplinary team
• Carried outpatient transfers, cauterizations, and injury care
MADONNA HERITAGE, Atlantic City, NJ | Dec 2009 – Jun 2011
• Assisted Nurses and patients in all kinds of personal care tasks
• Helped senior citizens with daily living activities
BROOK DAYCARE, Newark, DE | Summer 2007
Child Care Assistant
• Took care of children ages 6 months to 5 years
• Planned play activities appropriate to the age of the children
MACY’S CHRISTIANA MALL, Newark, DE | Sep 2005 – Dec 2006
• Performed day to day sales transactions
• Provided customer service to the multicultural population
• Communicated effectively with clients
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Best nursing student of the year award – 2010
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Member: Student Nursing Organization (SNO) | 2010 – Present
Volunteer: Fallston General Hospital | 2007 – 2008
Last updated on