As an entry-level registered nurse, you might have a lack of experience or no experience at all.
In this case, you will need to include externships, internships, and any honorary, volunteer, or part-time experience in your resume.
To show your commitment and enthusiasm to the nursing profession, you may also mention non-relevant experiences and relate their job description to the nursing profession.
Use this example to make your resume. Also, use this RN Cover Letter as a supporting document.
New Grad Registered Nurse Resume Sample – Entry Level
Kelly Smith, R.N.
43 Example Street, Atlantic City, NJ 95874
Kelly @ email.com
To obtain a position as a Registered Nurse at Star Clinic, continuing the commitment to provide excellent healthcare services utilizing my education, skills, and internship experiences.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, Atlantic City, NJ | 2018
- Health Assessment
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Health and Aging
- Health Care Information Systems
- Science and Research in Nursing
NJ COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, Atlantic City, NJ | Nov 2017 – Jun 2019
• Provided total care to patients of different ages
• Reported patient attitudes, conditions or unusual circumstances to the nurse in charge
• Maintained equipment and unit cleanliness
• Helped strengthen self-confidence in patients
• Learned to operate various medical devices
• Interacted with physicians and other healthcare providers
• Worked under the guidelines of RN with assigned patients following hospital guidelines
Rehabilitation Nursing Assistant
ST. PETER’S HOSPITAL, Atlantic City, NJ | Aug 2016 – Jan 2017
• Assisted patients recovering from amputations, cerebral vascular accidents; knee replacements and spinal cord injuries
• Worked together with members of an interdisciplinary team
• Carried outpatient transfers, cauterizations, and injury care
MADONNA HERITAGE, Atlantic City, NJ | Dec 2015 – Jun 2016
• Assisted Nurses and patients in all kinds of personal care tasks
• Helped senior citizens with daily living activities
Child Care Assistant
BROOK DAYCARE, Newark, DE | Summer 2017
• Took care of children ages six months to 5 years
• Planned play activities appropriate to the age of the children
MACY’S CHRISTIANA MALL, Newark, DE | Sep 2011 – Dec 2012
• Performed day to day sales transactions
• Provided customer service to the multicultural population
• Communicated effectively with clients
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Best nursing student of the year award – 2010
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
Member: Student Nursing Organization (SNO) | 2010 – Present
Volunteer: Fallston General Hospital | 2007 – 2008