A caregiver skills-based or functional resume is useful for caregivers who:
- Have a little or no experience
- Possess a diverse background and want to organize all relevant information into a logical format
- Are changing their career path.
It emphasizes caregiving skills and capabilities rather than relevant work experience.
Caregiver Skills can be established through different means such as caregiving courses, volunteer or summer work, and personal experiences. You should do your best to match your transferable skills to the caregiver position or employer.
While one might argue why they can not be simply put on a piece of paper, it is essential that an employer receives some kind of structure that depicts all these attributes.
A caregiver skills resume should be short, to the point, and relevant to the job description provided by the employer in the advertisement.
Sample Skills Resume for Caregiver Position
8 Heather Road, Newark, DE 70122
Bringing compassion and caregiving skills to assist residents to live a dignified life.
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in the personal care arena
- Highly skilled in providing resident care following the facility’s protocols
- Well versed in designing and implementing activities to keep the residents
- Proficient in preparing food based on each resident’s individual needs
- CPR and first aid Certified
- Computer: MS Office Applications
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Safe patient handling
- Emergency responding
- Time management
- Agile and empathetic
- Sanitation standards
Personal Care Attendant
Newark Residents – Newark, DE
2014 – 2016
- Provided care to multicultural patients under the facility’s laws and protocols
- Took and recorded vital signs
- Performed first aid and emergency response procedures when necessary
- Prepared and served meals
- Assisted residents with bathing, changing and toileting
- Performed light housekeeping tasks including cleaning and laundry
- Assisted residents by involving with them in daily activities
- Accompanied residents to and from the facility for appointments and other activities
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Newark, DE – 2005