With increasing competition in every field, including adult caregiving, it has become imperative to build your resume in a manner that captures the reader’s eye.
Here are some helpful guidelines in this regard:
• Write vivid and brief summaries of roles you have attained and help the employer see you in action.
• Make sure every bullet point you include is accomplishment based.
• Develop your resume strategically with a specific position at a specific firm in mind.
• Choose a format that compliments your profile and helps you in showcasing your potential effectively.
Here is one adult caregiver skills resume sample based on above guidelines.
Adult Caregiver Resume Sample
621 Waterfall Ave, Seattle, WA 45002
joyce @ email . com
Able to serve elderly with confidence and ease.
Dedicated, client-focused with a track record of handling the needs of elderly people. Committed to maintain high standards of human life. Able to assist adults in activities of daily living through the provision of quality companionship.
• Adept at effectual rapport building even with difficult clients.
• Able to communicate effectively with the client’s family and physician as and when required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform all housekeeping tasks including cleaning, trash disposal, kitchen assistance, and laundry.
• Gifted with companionship skills.
• Well versed in accompanying clients on outings and hospital visits.
• Meal preparation based on dietary requirements and feeding the clients.
• Grooming, bathing and help clients deal with incontinence issues.
• Privacy and confidentiality protocols.
Senior Life, Seattle, WA | 2012-Present
- Assist adults in daily life tasks including toileting, bathing, changing and feeding.
- Offer valuable companionship.
- Ensure timely administration of any prescribed medication.
- Initiated weekly evening activities at the facility that contributed massively to enhancing the citizen’s quality of life.
- Provided remarkable companionship to an elderly client who was severely depressed and showed improvement in responsiveness within one month of being assigned to me.
- Displayed remarkable knowledge of chronic illnesses of the old age, including Dementia and Alzheimer’s and dealt with the clients accordingly.
Home Instead, Seattle, WA |2008-2013
- Took care of housekeeping tasks, including facility cleaning, changing linens, and doing laundry.
- Assisted staff in kitchen
- Occasionally prepared light meals based on dietary requirements for elderly residents.
- Attained the most efficient employee award in 2012 by the residents.
- Implemented an inventory system to keep track of soiled linens that needed replacement ensuring availability of clean linens at all times.
High School Diploma
Rosemary High, Seattle, WA – 2008