How to Write a Skills-Based Resume for Data Entry Position?
A skills-based or functional resume for a data entry job demands a lot of effort and research. Identifying the required skills and competencies is very crucial in this respect.
The advertisement is usually quite enlightening since it is common practice to enlist required competencies and skills in the job description.
However, you can always search the firm on the internet to gain extra information about the employers’ needs and expectations from the ideal candidate.
Once you obtain this information, all you need to do is to present your relevant skills appealingly to reflect yourself not only as an employable candidate but also as the ideal candidate.
Take a look at the following skills resume for the data entry position.
Data Entry Skills Resume Example
560 Mallory Towers
Hartford, CT 43201
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST
Accurate and methodical Data Entry Specialist with a strong background in database management, information processing, and data integration. Detail-oriented individual with profound communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while meeting strict deadlines. Thorough understanding of statistical fundamentals and computer software applicable to data processing. Typing Speed 70 WPM with accuracy. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
– Data Entry
– Information Handling
– Data Categorization
– Statistical Analysis
– Error Identification
– Error Rectification
– Invoice Verification
– Data Integration
– Database Monitoring
– Data Input
– Cluster Analysis
– Information Confidentiality
• Updated record from up till five years old to build a validated pool of easily retrievable information within the online database in just two months’ time
• Reduced data file retrieval time by 30% through nominal cataloging of files and incorporation of database search box in the system
• Maintained 100% record of meeting strict time deadlines in the years of 2013 and 2014
Data Entry Specialist
MCKESSON, Hartford, CT
2014 – Present
• Reconcile monthly datasets and check the same for errors
• Correct and update any errors identified in report review
• Integrate data from various sources to build a validated pool of information
• Run the statistical analysis to organize data
• Retrieve authorized data sets upon request while ensuring data confidentiality
• Segregate source data into meaningful strata leveraging the online database system effectively
Data Entry Clerk
BESTBUY, Hartford, CT
2012 – 2014
• Reviewed daily data entries for correctness
• Carried out data entry and verification upon request
• Maintained the interactive online database updated
• Reviewed reports for ensuring data accuracy
• Entered and analyzed basic spreadsheet data
• Performed clerical duties and provided administrative support
Associate’s Degree in Statistics
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Hartford, CT