All job applications of Assembler need to be complemented by a cover letter. While some people disagree that a cover letter is an important part of a job application, but, it is a fact that most resumes for assembler position either thrown away or ignored if they do not have a well-written cover letter accompanying them.
Here is a sample cover letter for an assembler position that you can use to make your own.
Also See: Assembler Resume
Assembler Cover Letter Sample
6987 Example 3rd Street
Mount Laurel, NJ 01325
December 20, 2013
Mr. George Davis
54 Some Street
Mount Laurel, NJ 01598
Dear Mr. Davis:
As a competent individual with extensive experience in performing assembling tasks, I would like to be considered for the position of Assembler with Cyclic Inc. My strong background in this line of work and relevant experience boasts of the fact that I am the just right candidate for this job.
During the time I have spent working for ABC Company I acquired necessary skills that an avid assembler should posses. Throughout my career, I seldom have issues in timely completion of projects. As noted in my enclosed resume, I am highly skilled in:
• Performing assembly measures as per specifications
• Installing moving parts including shafts, levers, or bearings, and working them to test free function
• Bending and installing pipe for hydraulic systems
• Removing minute quantities of metal to clean parts or to make close fit among parts
• Drilling, taping, and reaming holes
• Bringing bolts, screws and gears into line, and fasten them together
As a fervent Assembler, I would appreciate a meeting with you to discuss this position further. I am enclosing my resume for your consideration and will call your office next week to see if we can set a meeting date. In the interim, I will be available at (444) 555 8888.