A certified nursing assistant or CNA works for an assisted facility or a hospital, depending on her individual choice of workplace.
They are responsible for providing ongoing care to patients from the time they are admitted to the time when they are discharged.
Besides that, they assist registered nurses in administering medication, helping patients with exercises and activities, and taking them to appointments or examination rooms.
This is an extremely challenging job that involves direct and indirect patient care. It seems quite easy to perform all these tasks – but in actuality, they are challenging.
CNAs can make a solid impression on prospective employers by mentioning their achievements and accomplishments in a resume.
The following is a list of some accomplishments that CNAs can use to identify and write their achievements on their resume.
Sample Achievements and Accomplishments for CNA Resume
• Responded to 30+ patient calls per day owing to exemplary dedication and commitment.
• Recognized as an expert in assisting patients in activities of daily living.
• Actively helped patients with personal care tasks such as bathing, grooming, toileting, dressing, and eating, increasing their comfort level ratio by 50%.
• Ensured patient and environmental safety while performing nursing assisting tasks.
• Recognized by doctors, staff, and residents owing to excellent communication skills and a friendly approach.
• Directed a team of certified nursing assistants for 3 weeks in the absence of the nurse manager.
• Introduced a system that ensured continuity of patient care across several shifts in a day, making patient comfort and healing more profound.
• Worked with a team of 6 nursing assistants to provide award-winning care at ABC Clinic.
• Implemented risk management initiatives that reduced the chances of incorrect medication administration by 99.9%.
• Safely transported a patient weighing over 400lbs from his room to the intensive care unit in time for him to be put on the ventilator.
• Suggested the implementation of advanced instrument cleaning and sterilizing procedures, reducing the chances of infection by 50%.
• Trained 4 groups of student nurses in providing adjunct care by providing them with individualized training in administering edemas, douches, and nonsterile dressings.
• Introduced a documentation system that increased efficiency in documenting nursing actions through forms, reports, and logs.
• Attained recognition for maintaining the records in a perfect manner.
• Suggested the use of air mattresses for patients in comatose conditions, thereby decreasing their chances of infection and bedsores.
• Effectively assisted the RNs in developing and implementing specific development plans, which raised patient satisfaction by 30%.
• Presented a seminar on the core functions of certified nursing assistants for the benefit of new CNAs and existing ones
• Wrote a booklet on patient care directives for the benefit of new hires.
• Attained ‘Employee of the Year’ award owing to excellence in nursing assistantship practices based on patients’ and supervisor’s feedback.
• Provided training to 22 new nursing assistants regarding patient care and hospital protocols.
• Planned, organized, and executed events for older adults.
• Managed to maintain a 3.5 GPA while working as a CNA and studying full-time.