Shipping and Receiving clerks are responsible for picking and packing for shipment all product orders and for accurately receiving and stock the inbound orders on a daily basis.
They are also accountable for accurate cargo charges and database entry for sales orders and inventory.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume Writing Tips
In your resume for shipping and receiving clerk position, draw the attention of prospective employer towards your skills and abilities in shipping and receiving of materials to ensure timely shipment for customer orders and proper flow of incoming materials.
The following sample will provide you with a quick start in your resume writing process.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume Example
58 York Avenue, Cleveland, OH 65987
Shipping / Receiving Clerk
• Over seven years’ hands-on experience in shipping & receiving clerk capacity.
• Comprehensive knowledge of inventory control and warehouse operations.
• In-depth understanding of processing shipments using the database.
• Able to answer phones, check in drivers, and order follow up.
• Thorough knowledge of operating forklift trucks, radial arm saws, pneumatic nail guns, and different power equipment.
• Knowledge of utilizing the Fed-Ex and UPS systems
• Expert user of MS Word & Excel
• Proven record of providing excellent customer service
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• The employee of the month award – Sep 2011
• Received an exceptional recommendation upon completion of the shipping project
• Completed on the job training planned for full-time employees
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
InterGroup International Limited – Cleveland, OH | May 2014 – Present
• Scale in all loads and check in trucks to confirm proper load and merchant numbers
• Print out day by day truck schedule with appropriate inbound and outbound load sheets
• Answer phones and give directions to carriers
• Perform the inbound and outbound paperwork
• Download and assign pictures to a variety of shipments
• Verify weights to scale tickets
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
Assistant Clerk (Shipping / Receiving)
ServiceMaster – Denver, CO | Jan 2011 – May 2014
• Picked and packed all product orders for shipment
• Accurately received and stocked inbound orders
• Punched sales orders and inventory location changes
• Added freight to the completed orders accounting database
• Restocked inventory and disposed of trash
• Swept and mopped aisles
• Performed routine forklift maintenance and safety inspections
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Denver, CO – 2010
• Inventory Software
• MS Office Applications