A food runner is responsible for bringing food to the diners or patrons at their tables.
S/he refills water in glasses and brings additional items to the tables as well. S/he also relays requests for food items to the servers and kitchen staff.
Food Runner Resume Guidelines
An attractive Food Runner Resume plays a vital role in your job hunting process.
In your resume, you should emphasize your guest service skills and attention to detail because prospective employers specifically look for these qualities in an employee.
Draw attention to your previous work that you have done in the food or hospitality industry. Mention any other customer service positions you might have held.
The following Sample resume for food runner position is useful both for experienced and new graduates who have no experience.
Also, see this Food Runner Cover Letter to craft a perfect job application set.
Food Runner Resume Sample
58 Alpha Street, Fort Worth, TX 65874
Bringing strong hospitality skills and customer service abilities to make a direct contribution to overall efficiency.
High performing hospitality professional with 7+ years’ successful track record of serving guests in a time efficient and accurate manner. Proactively anticipates guests’ needs and deal with them accordingly. Excellent communication and guest service skills. Proven record of handling stressful situations in a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to set-up and maintain various buffets
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Proven ability to remember menu items
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Accurately returns equipment to appropriate locations
Omni Fort Worth Hotel – Fort Worth, TX (2011-present)
• Deliver food and beverages to guests
• Ensure that food is delivered dedicatedly and carefully at a proper temperature
• Provide and maintain all foodstuff for restaurant
• Transfer food items to and from the kitchen
• Maintain relevant supplies
• Keep work area clean
• Upsell items using excellent sales skills
Marriott – Orlando, FL (2009-2011)
• Stocked and maintained work area
• Completed day by day cleaning checklist
• Locked refrigerators and doors
• Inspected the presentation of all china, glass, and silver
• Stored all reusable supplies
• Cleaned all equipment and areas
CITY SCHOOL, Orlando, FL, 2010
Fluent in English and German
Strong professional references available