If you are writing a resume for an entry-level file clerk position, you have to fill it with information about your relevant skills and knowledge.
For an entry-level resume, you do not necessarily have to worry about the experience section.
It is a given that you do not have experience in hand. But if you have done volunteer work that is relevant to the job that you are applying for, you must mention it.
If you are writing your resume for an entry-level file clerk position, you will need to focus on your detail orientation and data entry skills primarily.
Have you ever worked in your school office during summer vacations?
Perhaps you may have worked as an intern in a bank where you filed records and handled data entry duties.
Be sure to mention these as they will be counted as experience.
What follows is a file clerk resume sample for an entry-level position:
Entry Level File Clerk Resume With No Experience
29W 400 S, Lehi, UT 12961
ian @ email . com
Reliable, methodical, and adept at handling a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
A highly energetic individual with a deep interest in all aspects of office work including filing records and data entry. Seeking employment at ABC Company to make the most of my passion, skills, and knowledge.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• In-depth understanding of using a variety of data entry programs.
• Familiar with designing and maintaining organized filing systems with an aim to ensure data integrity.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintaining file room logs and document retention schedules.
• Able to work on rotating shifts and handle physically demanding work with precision and accuracy.
A.S. Degree in Management
Western Kentucky College, Bowling Green, KY – 2021
• Word Processing
• Desktop Publishing
• Business Communication
• Electronic Spreadsheets
• Records and Information Management
• Office Administration
St. Gordon’s High School, Lehi, UT
May 2021 – Nov 2021
• Provided assistance in sorting out students’ records and filing them alphabetically
• Converted paper records into digital records
• Maintained paper and digital filing systems
• Filed correspondence, invoices, and receipts in a predefined order
• Took and processed requests for information retrieval
• Entered personal information of students and teachers in the school database
• Tracked students’ test results and assisted in preparing final report card versions
CORE PROFICIENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE
– Organization – Communication
– Correspondence Handling – Data Entry
– Records Management – File Identification
– Mail Sorting – Customer Service
– File Tracking
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet, Email, and Social Media