If you are writing for a resume for an entry-level file clerk position, even one page might seem too big to fill. But there really is no need to fill a resume with information that is not going to do you any favors.
Gone are the days when “hobbies” and “interests” were considered important parts of a resume. These sections are now considered as a waste of precious space.
For an entry-level resume, you do not necessarily have to fret about the experience section. It is a given that you do not have experience in hand. But if you have done volunteer work which is relevant to the job that you are applying for, you must mention it.
If you are writing your resume for an entry-level file clerk position, you will need to focus on your detail orientation and data entry skills primarily.
Have you ever worked in your school office during summer vacations?
Perhaps you may have worked as an intern in a bank where you filed records and handled data entry duties. Be sure to mention these as they will be counted as experience.
See also: File Clerk Cover Letter No Experience
What follows is a file clerk resume sample for an entry level position:
Entry Level File Clerk Resume No Experience
29W 400 S, Lehi, UT 12961
ian @ email . com
A highly energetic individual with deep interest in all aspects of office work including filing records and data entry. Reliable, methodical and adept at handling a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
• Demonstrated knowledge of using a variety of data entry programs.
• Familiar with designing and maintaining organized filing systems with an aim to ensure data integrity.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintaining file room logs and document retention schedules.
• Able to work on rotating shifts and handle physically demanding work with precision and accuracy.
CORE PROFICIENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE
– Correspondence Handling
– Records Management
– Data Entry
– File Identification
– Mail Sorting
– Customer Service
– File Tracking
A.S. Degree in Management
Western Kentucky College, Bowling Green, KY – 2019
• Word Processing
• Desktop Publishing
• Business Communication
• Electronic Spreadsheets
• Records and Information Management
• Office Administration
St. Gordon’s High School, Lehi, UT | 6/2019 to 9/2019
• Provided assistance in sorting out students’ records and filing them alphabetically
• Converted paper records into digital records
• Maintained paper and digital filing systems
• Filed correspondence, invoices, and receipts in a predefined order
• Took and processed requests for information retrieval
• Entered personal information of students and teachers in the school database
• Tracked students’ test results and assisted in preparing final report card versions
• MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Internet, Email and Social Media