Experience is not always necessary to work as a mail clerk. However, you do have to possess skills. That means that a resume which you make for applying for this position must show you as a skilled individual.
How you portray yourself to the hiring manager is what will eventually decide your future in this role.
Specifically, your skills in receiving and sorting incoming mail must be highlighted.
Additionally, your knowledge of handling mail such as returned letters and packages, and adjustments must be highlighted in your resume for a mail clerk position.
If you want to make a positive impact on a hiring manager, you must make sure that your resume is properly worded, and formatted.
To see what you can write in your resume for a mail clerk position (no experience), have a look at the following sample:
See also: Mail Clerk Cover Letter No Experience
Mail Clerk Resume No Experience
47 Town Road, Ocean View, DE19348
Enthusiastic, resourceful, and highly organized individual, with a deep interest working in a mail handling capacity. Knowledge of sorting and collating mail, and handling junk mail in accordance with set procedures. Well-versed in operating equipment and tools to sort and stamp outgoing mail.
High School Diploma
Ocean View High School, Ocean View, DE – 2019
Award and Honors
• Received great honor for representing the school on the international level, at an interschool writing competition.
• Awarded Most Popular Student Award for contributing to the school in terms of academics, and extracurricular activities.
• Consistently remained on top of the class throughout high school.
• Responsible for suggesting incorporation of learn through music programs, as a result, increased students’ interest in education.
USPS, Ocean View, DEJ | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Assisted in sorting incoming mail according to set procedures
• Weighed and stamped mail and packages by using mail processing machines
• Redirected wrongly addressed items
• Created and maintained logs of postage charges and receipt forms
• Welcomed customers and assisted them with their queries
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Mail Sorting
• Money Orders Handling
• Customer Liaison
• Complaint Management
• Weight Determination
• Equipment Use and Maintenance
• Registered Mail Handling
• Logs Maintenance
• Mail Handling Applications
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
English and Spanish
• Volunteered services at 2 local geriatric homes for 5 months in 2018
• Led a team of volunteers to help a clean drive