Court proceedings, judges’ orders, and related documentation are important parts of any case. A dedicated person is needed to handle all these and this is the prime reason that court clerks are hired.
Apart from handling the usual tasks of a clerk such as filing, record keeping, and organizing data, court clerks handle the more important part of court proceedings such as assisting attorneys and judges in ensuring that these procedures are expedited.
A court clerk is a pool of judicial information and required to provide a courtroom with the benefit of this information.
People who work as court clerks need to make sure that their expertise is highlighted in their resumes.
Have a look at the following resume and this cover letter sample for the Court Clerk position to make an effective job application package.
Sample Resume for Court Clerk Position
78 Shoshone Street, Boise, ID 79111
jason @ email . com
Self-motivated and resourceful professional with 14+ extensive experience in examining court documents, entering/updating records, responding to court orders, and issuing warrants. Working knowledge of legal terminology and proceedings and general law. A detail-orientated individual that efficiently performs research work and manages investigation and reporting tasks.
• Courtroom recording
• Trial proceedings
• Court calendars management
• Bail bonds handling
• Data entry
• Case filing
• Scheduling dates
• Answering questions
• Customer Service
Lee County – Boise, ID
Jun 2015 – Present
• Handle recording and management of court hearings
• Ensure that all court hearings are appropriately transcribed
• Arrange court dates as per attorneys’ requests
• Make sure that lawyers, witnesses, accused, and defendants are present at each court hearing
• Manage financial record keeping activities
• Process warrants, subpoenas, and petitions
• Ensure that all court fees are collected and recorded
• File records and folders in a pre-designated format
• Introduced a system that took into account procedural and operational avenues of cases and worked towards ensuring organized courtroom activities
• Provided administrative support to seven cases in one day in a marathon case run
Court Clerk Assistant
Manatee County – Boise, ID
Jan 2002 – May 2015
• Handled paperwork associated with court proceedings and hearings
• Took recordings of court proceedings and ensured that they are kept in a confidential manner
• Managed court correspondence such as letters, emails, and warrants
• Took and maintained an inventory of office supplies
• Made sure that all parties involved in a court case (judges, lawyers, defendants, and accused) are informed of court dates
• Took telephone calls and provided callers with necessary information
• Handled research and data compiling duties
• Revamped the filing system by incorporating a dedicated computer for data holding
• Worked for 48 continuous hours on an extremely sensitive case which was brought to fruition owing to the hard research work put into it
Associate’s Degree in Law
City College, Boise, ID | 2001