As a court clerk, you will be handling the many clerical tasks associated with court cases, including some other specialized duties.
A court clerk is responsible for managing case documents and ensuring that all documents are appropriately filed.
They are also responsible for ensuring that files that contain sensitive data are placed in low-access areas and are appropriately secured.
Another critical aspect of a court clerk’s role is to handle a calendar for the office he or she works for.
That may include dates of hearings and trials along with any other proceedings that lawyers or judges need to be present for.
The resume sample below provides us with an idea of how we can write one for this position.
Related: Court Clerk Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Courtroom Clerk Position
5672 Huffman Road, Anchorage, AK 62324
• A responsible individual with a keen sense of meeting the clerical needs of members of the judiciary system.
• Highly experienced in the accurate and timely processing of information related to courtroom functions.
• In-depth knowledge of preparing records and docket management systems.
• Functional understanding of courtroom lingo and data entry protocols.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Court hearings
- Recording information
- Files/calendar maintenance
- Correspondence management
- Transcribing dictation
- Customer Service
- Court orders creation
- Meetings Arrangement
- Courtroom recordings
• Provided credence to a complicated court case that was in limbo status for 4 years by researching relevant information.
• Introduced and implemented a real-time docket management system which reduced the chance of errors by 32% owing to the new alarm system incorporated in it.
• Reduced paperwork by 90% by converting all records into electronic records within the first three weeks of employment.
• Trained 15 interns to perform duties as court clerks in 6 months.
Athens-Clerk Unified Government, Anchorage, AK
2015 – Present
• Attend court dates and hearings and record pertinent data.
• Handle data entry duties and managed routine correspondence.
• Type and proofread court documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Handle courtroom recording systems.
• Organize and maintain files of information and correspondence.
• Perform case research activities and handle calendars.
• Perform “calling” duties during the trial.
• Answer telephone calls and provide pertinent information to callers.
• Ensure that work areas are kept clean and maintained.
• Responsible for the safety of sensitive court data.
City of Anchorage, Anchorage, AK
2009 – 2015
• Assisted in filing data and records.
• Performed data conversion from paper to electronic.
• Answered telephones and provided information to callers.
• Directed visitors to the correct party or department.
• Assisted in conducting research duties.
• Performed correspondence typing and record management activities.
Anchorage High School, Anchorage, AK | 2005