15 Utah Street
Parkersburg, WV 32088
henrypeterson @ email . com
“A rare combination of legal case handling expertise and clerical skills.”
• Well-organized and resourceful deputy clerk, with a track record of success handling court documents, scheduling court cases, and assisting with legal proceedings.
• Highly experienced in preparing legal forms and documents, including motions, depositions, and proceedings outcomes.
• Effectively create and maintain court dockets and scheduling cases to appear in court.
• Highly skilled in processing court payments such as fees and fines, according to the protocols of the court and judicial system.
• Deep familiarity with assisting in courtroom proceedings by recording minutes, marking exhibits, and swearing in jurors.
• Exceptionally ability to researching and collecting various sources of information to support policies and programs in different jurisdictions.
✓ Records Management
✓ Research Assistance
✓ Materials Production
✓ Proceedings Assistance
✓ Correspondence Drafting
✓ Case Filing
✓ Payments Handling
✓ Transcript Preparation
✓ Bench Trials Setting
✓ Summons Issuing
✓ Legal Terminology
Parkersburg Court, Parkersburg, WV
2012 – Present
• Look through court lists to determine which cases are being admitted for hearings.
• Prepare legal documents and forms required for court proceedings.
• Ensure that documents required for sentencing, releases, and probation orders are timely prepared.
• Create and maintain case dockets to arrange cases that need to be admitted into court.
• Process court payments such as fees and fines and ensure that the cash drawer is properly balanced at the end of the day.
• Assist during courtroom proceedings by recording minutes, marking exhibits, and swearing in jurors.
• Draft and send out case scheduling information to all parties to ensure their presence on the right date and time.
• Provide assistance in preparing public notices, court agendas, and minutes of proceedings.
• Replaced the old indexing system with a new one, increasing the efficiency of indexing by 58%.
• Successfully handled payments for 18 case proceedings taking place at the same time, without a single problem arising.
Attorneys for Hire, Parkersburg, WV
2008 – 2012
• Responded to inquiries over the telephone and scheduled appointments with clients.
• Assisted attorneys in preparing cases by providing them with the required information regarding clients and witnesses.
• Provided research assistance by organizing resources and actively looking through precedents.
• Created and maintained records of clients, witnesses, and evidence in an accurate and confidential manner.
• Created and maintained correspondence such as letters, memos, and court documents.
• Singlehandedly prepared transcripts for 5 cases simultaneously during the absence of 4 other clerks.
• Implemented an efficient records management system, which resulted in increased proficiency in obtaining case information.
High School Diploma | 2007
Parkersburg High School, Parkersburg, WV
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, email, and social media