A railroad laborer or worker is responsible for maintenance of the track and infrastructure, monitoring and repairing of the railroad track using power and hand tools when necessary. The position is quite demanding yet interesting.
If you are thinking to build a winning resume for a railroad laborer position, you should see some sample resumes and resume writing tips.
An ideal resume for a railroad worker position must convey a deep sense of responsibility in addition to the required skills.
It is recommended to start your resume with a profile or summary and then shift the focus to your relevant skills and qualifications.
If you have attained any specific certification, make sure you mention that in your resume even if it is not required by the target employer.
Related: Railroad Laborer Cover Letter
Railroad Worker/Laborer Resume Sample
873 Colman Avenue, Kingman, KS 87540
peter @ email . com
Seasoned railroad worker with 12-years of experience in performing track maintenance, joint attachments, and other track maintenance tasks timely and efficiently. Thorough understanding of rail safety regulations and protocols. Demonstrated ability to inspect the track and maintain lever and keep a record of repairs needed and done. A meticulous worker who has great attention to detail. Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
Emrose Railways, Kingman, KS
07/2015 – Present
• Inspect rail machinery on a daily basis and secure attachment points
• Repair and replace damaged track switches and components
• Overhaul railroad crossings and adjust bolts on joints as needed
• Ensure the safety of all equipment and conduct regular maintenance checks
• Attained employee of the month award thrice in two years
• Provided training to 8 new workers in railroad track maintenance
Watco Company, Kingman, KS
02/2009 – 06/2015
• Operated control attachments in a secure manner
• Conducted track repairs where needed
• Kept record of all repairs done
• Ensured track clearance in the assigned section
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Railroad)
ABC College, Kingman, KS | 2009
High School Diploma
State High school, Kingman, KS | 2008
• Current Driver’s License
• Ability to lift load up-to 100 lbs
• Able to follow verbal instructions