If the idea of securing an entry-level job with good long-term career growth appeals to you, then your first step is the resume. The first job that you hold is important for a number of reasons – the most important is the fact that it kick-starts your career. So a well-written resume is essential.
The younger you are, the more likely it is that you will use information from your days at high school when writing a resume. If you have reached a level where you do not need to use this information – because there is so much more in-between – then you are lucky. But to get to that point, it is essential to sparkle at the beginning.
Resumes that do not talk about experience, they talk about a million other things. Your activities and interests in things related to the job that you are applying for, can be real assets. They display a great deal about you. An odd summer job or internship will also say a great deal about how well-suited you are for the job that you are now applying for.
Some entry-level clerk resume writing tips:
• Pay careful attention to grammar, punctuation and spellings
• Organize information in a logical manner
• Keep descriptions to the point and very clear
• Confine your resume to one page
• Use simple and easy to read fonts such as Times New Roman and Calibri
• Include as much work experience as possible, such as volunteer work and internships
What follows is a sample clerk resume with no experience in hand:
Clerk Resume No Experience
725 Southill Drive ● Leesburg, GA 58741 ● (000) 142-7444 ● gougnel @email .com
Professional Summary: Enthusiastic, extremely organized and communicative individual with exceptional time-management skills. Proficient in handling complex filing systems, with special focus on informational accuracy.
• Demonstrated expertise in handling records-keeping and filing duties by accurately compiling, sorting and filing records
• Special talent for communicating effectively with customers by focusing on their needs and ensuring that they are met constantly
• Proficient in operating office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, fax machines and voice mail systems
• Adept at handling supplies inventory by creating and maintaining liaison with vendors, suppliers and procurements managers
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Documents Processing||• Inventory Management||• Procurement|
|• Correspondence Handling||• Calendars Management||• Recordskeeping|
|• Information Dissemination||• Data Entry||• Transcribing|
St James High School, Leesburg, GA – 2015
High School Diploma
St James High School, Leesburg, GA (1/2016 to 5/2016)
• Compiled office data and ensured that it was accurately and timely inputted into the system
• Organized paper files in alphabetical orders and converted data from them into electronic systems
• Answered telephone calls and provided information regarding the school’s admission procedures
• Handled photocopying, scanning and faxing duties and received and distributed incoming mail
• Managed supplies and equipment inventory by maintaining liaison with vendors and suppliers
EXCELLENT REFERENCES available