Clerks are an integral part of the support system of an office where the nature of their job is mostly administrative.
They perform a variety of duties such as typing documents, sorting and distributing mail, taking telephone calls, managing office communication and other such tasks that help run an office smoothly.
Clerks are required to be very skillful in what they do, and when they apply for a job in this regard, they need to put forward these skills in a manner that meets the requirements of the employer.
Different formats of resumes for clerical position emphasize on various attributes of clerks. If you have many years of administrative experience, you should make use of a chronological arrangement.
But the people who are entering the workforce for the first time or changing their career path, they need to emphasize on their transferable skills and training in the clerical field.
A skills-based resume for a clerical position does just that.
Clerical Skills Resume Example
49 Fieldstream Lane, Idaho Falls, ID 83939
• Well-versed in providing perfect office support
• Hands on experience in appointment scheduling and correspondence handling
• In-depth knowledge of recording minutes of the meeting and producing reports
• Conversant with inventories and supplies management
RELEVANT SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to express in writing and verbally
• Well versed in organizing files in chronological, alphabetical and numerical order
• Demonstrated ability to retrieve any document promptly
• Ability to handle invoices
• Exceptional typing speed
• Able to enter numeric data on a 10-key keypad
• Less error rate
• Knowledge of working on spreadsheets
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
• Adept at using MS Word
• Team oriented and flexible
• High attention to detail
• Capacity to work under pressure
• Analytic thinking
Soliant Inc., Idaho Falls, ID | Summer 2017
• Took telephone calls and provided required information
• Maintained records and logs
• Typed documents and managed correspondence
• Managed email and mail distribution
• Monitored inventory and supplies
• Took minutes of the meetings when required
• Provided office support to executives
• Managed research work as directed
Soliant Inc., Idaho Falls, ID | 2015 – 2016
• Assisted in filing papers and maintaining logs
• Typed correspondence as directed
• Managed incoming calls for information purposes
• Performed photocopying and scanning tasks
• Handled the reception area when required
Idaho Falls City School, Idaho Falls, ID
High School Diploma – 2014
Last updated on