Many clerical jobs start from entry-level and internship positions. Some employers also require some hands-on experience in the secretarial field depending on their requirements.
Clerical support actually refers to any position that provides administrative and clerical support to the office or some executive in order to meet deadlines and ensure smooth operations of the office.
Many people are hired to perform the duties associated with this role; the position title may differ but the core work remains the same.
Since organizations usually hire entry or mid-level candidates for the position of support clerks, they look for a mix of qualifications and education.
A high school diploma or GED is necessary to do justice to this position and any inherent administrative qualities will be a plus.
Take a look at a resume sample of a support clerk with some experience applying for this position.
Related: Clerical Support Resume
Clerical Support Resume Sample
42 Irene Avenue, Roseville, CA 53799
sam @ email . com
CLERICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Customer Service | Communication | Organization
Highly focused and determined professional with 6+ years’ experience in administrative, clerical, and customer service roles. Consistent track record of providing efficient office support to units of employees aimed at increasing productivity and smoothing out operations.
|– Greeting visitors
– Answering calls
– Ordering supplies
– MS Word and Excel
|– Scheduling appointments
– Providing information
– Maintaining inventory
– Mail handling
• Introduced an information announcement system that worked as an automated email and text being delivered to specified recipients thereby saving the time and cost of preparing, addressing, and sending memos.
• Implemented a complex filing system using “name tags” in order to ensure easy retrieval for each employee.
• Conducted a series of research activities for the marketing department which proved significant in the success of a major marketing project.
• Awarded Employee of the Year certificate for excellence in work processes and display of ethical behavior.
LifeStream, Roseville, CA
June 2014 – Present
• Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Ensure that telephonic and in-person inquiries are dealt with in a time-efficient manner
• Take, type, and file minutes of meetings
• Prepare and distribute work agendas
• Assist in recording and managing budgets and expenditures
• Receive visitors and escort them to the department or person they need to see
• Ensure adequate supply of stationery and order any supplied which are out of stock
• Handle and maintain office filing systems
• Perform research activities based on guidelines provided by the concerned department
• Create research reports and give a presentation on research activities
• Photocopy and circulate important documents
• Facilitated communication between departments
Sears Holdings, Roseville, CA
Jan 2009 – May 2014
• Sorted important documents and ensures that they were filed properly
• Typed minutes of the meetings
• Ensured adequate office supplies and equipment
• Photocopied and scanned important documents
• Ensured that the administrative area is clean and maintained
• Assisted departments by providing research support
High School Diploma
Raymond High School, Roseville, CA