Daycare centers are a relief for working people with children not yet of school going age.
Daycare assistants provide support to daycare management with formulating care plans dependent on each child’s individual needs and perform a variety of duties that help children’s developmental needs.
A resume for a Daycare Assistant position is a short and snappy outline of your expertise, education, experience, activities, and accomplishments as they affect employment goals.
You should be aware that hiring managers spend only 30-40 seconds to skim a resume and decide whether your childcare background matches their needs. As a result, you should think of your Daycare resume as a marketing tool that demonstrates that the product (you) meets the requirements of the client (employer).
How to write an effective resume for Daycare Assistant position?
• Emphasize relevant achievements and contributions.
• Focus on the expertise necessary in child care field.
• Write a concise, well-ordered, and easy-to-read resume.
Daycare Assistant Resume Sample
210 Corrine Avenue
Enthusiastic to provide a safe and nurturing environment to children.
Driven and cool-tempered individual, with an outstanding track record of supervising children from ages 1 month to 10 years. Skilled in formulating age-appropriate care plans for children, helping daycare teachers with progress management and calmly handling emergency situations. Ensure that children are involved in activities appropriate to their emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Early childhood Education – NAPA Special Education
• First aid and CPR
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Menu planning||• Inventory and storage of food and equipment|
|• Snack preparation||• Health and safety standards maintenance|
|• Record-keeping||• Classroom cleaning and sanitation|
|• Diaper changing||• Bottle-feeding and cleaning children|
|• Light housekeeping||• Curriculum development|
Soliant Care, Idaho Falls, ID | 2012 – Present
• Assist in planning and implementation of care plans for children
• Manage nutritious food for children
• Ensure entertainment and activities on a regular basis
• Ascertain cleanliness of premises and equipment at all times
• Manage resources for physical and emotional developmental activities
• Assist in monitoring children during and after activities
Little Steps Daycare, Idaho Falls, ID | 2011- 2012
• Assisted in managing care plans for children
• Changed diapers and bottle-fed infants as instructed
• Researched for and prepared resources for children
• Developed good habits in children
• Helped in monitoring children activities
Idaho State University, Idaho Falls, ID
Bachelor’s Degree in Education – 2010
Major: Early Childhood Education
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good sense of humor
• Thorough understanding of childcare theories and practices