Cleaner Job Description
Everyone likes a clean environment, whether it is a school, hospital, office, or a house. A clean building is a sign of many things – things that reflect directly on the owner of the building and the people who work in it.
Cleaners are employed to make sure that a premise is tidy and clean.
Working in a multitude of environments, cleaners perform many tasks to make sure that the appearance of any building is pleasing to the eye and the place is dirt free.
Having established the fact that cleaners work in all types of organizations, let us now discuss what their duties are.
Regardless of where cleaners work, they perform more or less the same kind of responsibilities. But to work as a cleaner, one must know about using a variety of cleaning chemicals, products, and equipment. The need to mix cleaning liquids safely is high in this job, so some training is indeed required.
Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean reception areas, lobbies, offices, and rooms by sweeping and mopping.
- Ensure that all carpets are properly vacuumed, shampooed, and dried.
- Perform floor polishing and buffing tasks.
- Empty trash bins and make sure that garbage appropriately divided into recyclable and non-recyclable items.
- Collect wasted paper and ensure that it is sent off for recycling purposes.
- Dust furniture using dusters and make sure that polish is applied when required.
- Clean windows from the inside and the outside using soap, water, and sponges.
- Operate steam cleaners and vacuum cleaners to clean carpets and drapes.
- Apply sealant to floors in the event of leakages or breaks.
- Wash down and disinfect bathrooms regularly.
- Handle minor leaks by fixing them using appropriate tools and report any problems that cannot be handled in-house.
- Ensure that any waste in parking areas or grounds is picked up and put away correctly.
- Trim shrubbery and grass to maintain the outlook of properties.
- Shovel snow and sprinkle salt to make sure that cars (and people) do not slip/skid.
- Spray insecticides to ward off insects or rodents from the inside and outside of the building.
- Replace bulbs and perform minor electrical work around the building.
Recommended: Cleaner Resume Sample