Cleaning workers or cleaners maintain and clean all public and private areas of the employer’s premises such as hallways, lobbies, restrooms, stairwells, and elevators to meet established sanitation and quality standards.
They also clean washrooms, dust furnishings, and pictures, vacuum, sweep and mop floors, empty carts of dirty linen and dispose of garbage, clean spots, buff fixtures, and clean ashtrays.
What is a Cleaner Resume?
A cleaner resume is a short 1-page document that contains your cleaning skills and experiences.
It is the most helpful tool for introducing yourself to a prospective employer.
You can use your resume to:
- Respond to an advertised job opening.
- Make a cold contact or blind inquiry into companies you have researched.
- Present in an interview.
- Strengthen a connection you recently have made with a future employer.
- Send with your request for a letter of recommendation.
The following 2+ cleaner resume samples will give you a quick start in your job hunting process.
Cleaner Resume Sample 1
24 Some Street, Houston, TX 65221
Poised to bring perfection in cleaning by hard work and dedication
Proactive and motivated Cleaner with 17-plus-years of hands-on experience in performing a variety of janitorial and custodial tasks to uphold the general appearance and cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the premise. Highly skilled in using manual and mechanical equipment for cleaning surfaces and vertical places. In-depth knowledge of different materials, detergents, mops, and cleaning machines.
• Understands and executes written or oral instructions.
• Cleans and mops floors, stairs, carpets, bathrooms, and windows
• Determines recyclable and non-recyclable objects and practical application of the same
• Knowledge of necessary safety procedures and standards regarding equipment and chemicals
• Good communication skills
• Demonstrated punctuality and reliability
• Excellent physical stamina to perform manual jobs efficiently
SAFFE Inc. – Houston, TX
April 2015 – Present
• Clean all types of surfaces, including furniture within and outside the building.
• Use powered cleaning equipment as and when needed.
• Vacuum carpets within offices.
• Empty trash bins on the premises.
• Clean toilets as per required standards and procedures.
• Saved overhead and supplies cost by $3000 per month by utilizing efficient cleaning methods.
• Trained 3 new cleaners.
• Improved the accuracy of cleanliness expenditure and budget.
Monroe Community College – Rochester, NY
Mar 2005 – Apr 2015
• Operated vacuum cleaners to clean carpet, mats, and rugs.
• Safely moved obstacles to perform cleaning duties.
• Disinfected and sanitized restrooms.
• Replenished supplies such as tissues, towels, and soaps.
• Dusted furniture, cleaned shelves, and emptied waste bins.
• Established good working relationships with supervisors and clients.
• Worked unsupervised and produced the best results.
City School, Houston, TX | 2000
Current Texas driver’s license
Cleaning Resume Sample 2
32 7th Street, Central Valley, NY 65999
Seeking a cleaner position with ABC Company where my extensive skills in housekeeping and sanitization can be fully utilized to maximize efficiency.
- 8+ years of extensive experience in cleaning and janitorial capacities
- Highly skilled in washing, waxing, buffing, and dusting
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with other crew members
- Able to take direction from supervisors
- Enthusiastic about performing all physical aspects of the cleaning job duties
- Trash removal
- Carpet cleaning
ABM Industries, Inc. – Central Valley, NY
- Clean restrooms, cleaning toilets, urinals, and sinks.
- Mop floors, filled paper towels, toilet paper, and soap dispensers.
- Remove trash and empty waste containers
- Transport garbage from the premises to the selected area.
- Clean entry door glass from inside and outside.
- Keep the janitor’s cabinet in a clean, tidy, and organized condition.
- Damp wipe containers as needed.
SUNY Upstate Medical University – Syracuse, NY
- Mopped, cleaned, buffed, and waxed floors.
- Scrubbed and sanitized all areas of lavatories and facilities.
- Cleaned corridors, stairs, stairwells, walls, and partitions.
- Utilized hand-operated equipment, detergents, and other products for cleaning.
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Central Valley, NY – 2009
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good attention to detail
- Proven ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for extended periods
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffold
- Works individually as well as collaboratively
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions