Objectives give a proper shape to apprentice chef resumes. They provide a cover for many things – starting off an entry level resume without an objective may result in a prospective employer feeling that there is lack of structure. Also, you will find out that resume objectives provide an inkling into what the rest of the resume has to say.
Your resume objective may save the day if the rest of your resume is not “up to the required standards”, as many employers do not go beyond the objective. Yes, resume objectives are considered all-encompassing when hiring managers lack time. They look at the first few lines and decide that they like or dislike the candidate.
Another reason to begin your resume with an objective is so that your goals are effectively communicated to the person reading your resume. An employer-centered objective is a surefire way of getting the hiring manager to leave all other applications and pick up yours. Contrary to popular belief, objectives are not only written on entry level resumes. Many candidates resort to writing them even if they have extensive experience. This is because resume objectives are easy to write – the 2 or 3 lines provided have a great impact on hiring managers, making it easy for them to determine which candidate is viable to hire.
To see how a resume objective is written, refer to the samples below:
• Looking for a position as an Apprentice Chef at La Haley. Bringing hands-on culinary skills and deep insight into food preparation and cooking activities.
• Seeking a position as an Apprentice Chef at The Hyatt using skills in culinary aesthetics and a strong ability to create dishes of diverse tastes and origins.
• To work as an Apprentice Chef for Loman Hospitality Services providing benefit of a strong educational background in culinary arts. Able to effectively manage kitchen staff and prepare food in accordance with set standards.
• Desire an Apprentice Chef position with Opus Dining. Offering ability to determine ingredient quality and ensure that superior items are used during all food preparation and cooking activities.
• To obtain a position as an Apprentice Chef at The Hilton Inn. Demonstrated ability to operate commercial cooking equipment to ensure preparation of quality food items.
• Looking for a position as aa Apprentice Chef at The Serene Place. Offers talent in managing kitchen procedures to ensure on-time order preparation and delivery.
• Seeking an Apprentice Chef position at Regency Inn. Eager to apply dedicated knowledge of commercial kitchen practices, along with a sound ability to create menus and recipes in accordance to patrons’ taste and feedback.