A chef position – like many other positions in the hospitality industry – is skills based.
Therefore, it is not difficult to write an impressive cover letter even if you are an entry-level candidate who has no experience in hand.
In order to write a compelling entry-level chef cover letter, you need to tailor it as per the needs of the employer.
The more optimized your cover letter is, the greater are the chances of an interview.
Build your cover letter with the help of bullets or headings and mention any volunteer work or relevant internship you have attained.
Below is a sample cover letter for a non-experienced chef.
See also: Chef Resume No Experience
Entry Level Chef Cover Letter No Experience
467 Lilly Ave, Novi, MI 89332
margaret @ email .com
May 18, 2019
Mr. Timothy Derek
79 Commercial Sq
Novi, MI 89332
Dear Mr. Derek:
I am eager to contribute to the culinary team of Jinx in the role of a Chef. Having completed professional chef training at City Community College, I am now fully equipped with all the skills and abilities.
Please allow me to highlight some of my talents:
• Special talent for checking the freshness of ingredients.
• Works collaboratively with cooks and other food preparation workers.
• Knowledge of kitchen and service area hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Well versed in kitchen prep protocols for various departments including pastry section.
• Trained in managing stock register and maintaining inventory.
• Demonstrated ability to handle grills and electrical cooking appliances safely and effectively.
As a customer service-oriented and highly industrious individual, I am always willing to adapt to the new surroundings. My enclosed resume contains my relevant skills in further detail. I eagerly look forward to securing an interview with you to discuss this further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.