A resume for an entry-level chef position needs to be written smartly to persuade the hiring manager to take notice. It must be remembered that you have to add the information about your skills, knowledge, and internship experience to attract the hiring committee to invite you to a chef interview.
This means that you must highlight your skills and training, as well as other information that will lead the employer to sit up and take notice.
Here is a resume for a chef position (with no experience) that you can look through:
Sample Resume for Entry-Level Chef With No Experience
98 Hill Road, Ames, IA78894
Exceptionally talented entry-level Chef, with solid culinary training and kitchen management skills, poised to contribute to ABC Restaurant’s bottom line.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Kitchen Setup
- Recipe Development
- Menu Setting
- Food Preparation
- Kitchen Staff Oversight
- Inventory Management
- Food Rotation
- Vendor Liaison
- Health and Safety
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Iowa Culinary Arts College, Ames, IA – 2018
Award & Honors
- Attained 1st prize in a cooking competition held within the college campus.
- Honored for leading the college culinary team to success through the implementation of unique training programs.
- Headed 3 college clubs, owing to exceptional leadership qualities.
- Represented the college at the World Cooking Affair, held in Cleveland, TN, in 2018.
Captain Cook’s, Ames, IA | 5/2020 – 8/2020
- Prepared dishes such as salads, soups, and sandwiches.
- Assisted chefs by chopping, cubing, cutting, and slicing vegetables, meats, and fruits.
- Garnished cooked dishes according to provided instructions.
- Handled food portioning tasks.
- Performed preventative and regular maintenance on appliances, such as ovens, grills, and fryers.
- Handled food rotation tasks in order to reduce food spoilage.
- Ensured the cleanliness and sanitization of kitchen areas.
English, Cantonese, and German
- Volunteered services for 3 local groups involved in environmental saving activities.
- Headed a team of volunteers involved in a campaign to help homeless people find homes.
See also: Chef Cover Letter No Experience