Accurately portraying yourself in a commis chef resume or CV is important if you want to obtain more interviews.
It is true that many of us get a bit intimidated when it comes to writing a resume. With the right format and content, writing a good resume is a piece of cake.
In your commis chef resume, focus on what you bring to the table. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Can you prepare food efficiently?
- Can you handle kitchen cleaning tasks in a proper manner?
- Do you know anything about preventative maintenance?
If the answer to all these is yes, you then can successfully create a resume to impress the prospective employer.
Here is a resume sample for a commis chef position:
See also: Commis Chef Cover Letter
Commis Chef Resume and CV Sample
9 Summer Road, Columbus, NE 10311
Commis Chef, with an excellent track record of organizing assigned work areas, and providing assistance to the head chef. Well-versed in preparing food items within designated timelines. Familiar with operating kitchen equipment such as baking ovens, stoves, grills, and fryers.
• Food Hygiene
• Ingredients Preparation
• Stock Deliveries
• Inventory Management
• Soups and Salads Preparation
• Food Portioning
• Chopping and Cubing
• Chef Assistance
• Service Maintenance
• Stock Monitoring
• Kitchen Waste Management
• Food Storage
• Implemented a unique inventory management system, consequently, increased efficiency by 50%.
• Introduced a waste management program, as a result, decreased food contamination chances by 80%.
• Devised 3 new salads, approved by the management, and placed on the menu.
• Suggested incorporation of a Keto menu, resulting in an increased customer base.
Veranda Fine Dining, Columbus, NE | 2015-present
• Acquire ingredients from inventory as asked for by the head chef
• Prepare ingredients such as meats, vegetables, and cheeses
• Mix ingredients together and toss them to make salads
• Follow recipes in order to make sandwiches, soups, and salads
• Oversee food being cooked, baked or grilled
• Set timers and gauges in accordance with set instructions
• Keep working areas clean and sanitized at all times
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on grills, ovens, and fryers
• Collect and dispose of trash according to waste management protocols
Palatable Desires, Columbus, NE | 2011-2015
• Cleaned and sanitized surfaces such as floors and counters
• Emptied waste receptacles and disposed of waste in a proper manner
• Assisted in stocking inventories from items received from vendors
• Ensured food rotations tasks were carried out properly
High School Diploma
Columbus High School, Columbus, NE – 2010