Entry-level positions such as that of prep chefs need a little more effort to obtain.
And resumes and cover letters prepared for these positions need to be in a league of their own.
Why especially these?
Well, let’s look it this way.
When you are applying for a first job, it becomes more important to make an impression than you would for a position in which you have a great experience.
For entry-level positions, the first impression is the last impression. There are no two opinions about it.
Preparing a resume at this point will not only require extra effort but also extra research on your part.
The research part involves how well you find out about the company that you are applying to and what kind of people they employ.
Knowing the company culture often gives us great insight into how to present ourselves as viable candidates for the position.
If there is an advertisement that you are answering to, make sure that you look for the “magic words”.
These words can often be found hidden in ads – read them as keywords – which help a candidate pass through the screening process effortlessly. If your resume goes through an ATS, this will help immensely.
A resume example for a prep chef position is given below for you to refer to:
Entry Level Prep Chef Resume with No Experience
588 Tufts Road
Winchester, MA 21232
alicechen @ email . com
Highly motivated culinary arts graduate with exceptional expertise in assisting chefs in creating both savory and sweet delights according to set recipes. Enthusiastic about working for ABC Restaurant to prepare vegetables, fruits, and meats according to set standards and protocols of the establishment.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Preparing quality ingredients for use in stocks, soups, and salads
• Accurately measuring ingredients and preparing them according to chef’s specifications
• Following recipes accurately to prepare a range of dishes in accordance to set menus
• Portioning food properly and maintaining food aesthetics when creating platters
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts – 2022
Community College, Winchester, MA
VILLAGE INN, Winchester, MA
(1/2022 – 2/2022)
• Assisted in preparing ingredients such as cutting and marinating meats and chopping vegetables and fruits.
• Provided assistance in making stocks, soups and salads by following designated recipes.
• Handled garnishing and portioning duties according to chef’s specifications.
• Ensured the overall cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen including floors and counters.
• Performed preventative maintenance on kitchen appliances such as grills, ovens, and stoves.
• Ingredients Measuring
• Inventory and Stock Management
• Kitchen Maintenance
• Culinary Aesthetics
• Salad and Soups Garnishing
• Special Orders
• Food Safety and Hygiene
• Food Preparation