Cashiers are present in every retail and financial setting. A cashier’s job may seem simple – after all what else do they have to do except taking payments?
It may seem correct but, in actuality, cashiers do more than just accepting payments in exchange for goods sold.
Before making payments, a cashier scans the items, ensures that the price is correctly displayed and even bags the items sold at times.
Cashiers do not only work with cash, but also with credit/debit and gift cards. You will find a cashier managing a whole lot of bookkeeping as well since they have to balance the cash register at the end of every shift and ensure that no discrepancies are found as far as cash is concerned.
Since this is a job that hugely involves money, cashiers need to be entirely skillful in handling cash efficiently and with absolute accuracy.
Moreover, it is also the job of a cashier to provide exceptional customer service and answer questions in addition to managing refunds and exchanges. A cashier performs many things in a single workday. Therefore, their work demands a lot of patience and absolute accuracy.
See also: Grocery Cashier Achievements for Resume
Take a look at some of the accomplishments/achievements statements of a cashier. These phrases or bullet points can be utilized to build a cashier resume.
Sample Accomplishments for Cashier Resume
• Provided the highest level of prompt and friendly customer service, which increased the client base by 20% annually.
• Redesigned the checkout counter, therefore, decreased the chances of errors considerably.
• Integrated a new system that worked with available data to check the authenticity of credit cards.
• Increased sales by up-selling activities at the cash counter.
• Achieved the Employee of the Year Award following excellence in work procedures and mannerisms.
• Attained success in balancing the cash drawer after a hectic holiday season by identifying many discrepancies in cash-against-items-sold.
• Promoted from stocker to the position of a cashier owing to the demonstration of excellent cash handling insight brought on by substituting for the job.
• Delighted the customers with consistent and pleasant service, which resulted in a 30% increase in returning customers.
• Kept the work area clean, well-stocked, and organized, hence increased efficiency by 20%.
• Reduced waiting time for customers by providing quick services.
• Followed appropriate procedures for cash handling.
• Trained five junior cashiers.