Have you made a cashier resume that does not contain your related accomplishments? If yes, you may face difficulties in obtaining interviews.
In today’s competitive job market, you have to show your achievements as a cashier in your resume. Well written and quantified accomplishments are the best proof of your potential.
Everyone has achievements; they just need to identify them. If you feel you have no results worth mentioning, here are some ideas to recognize your accomplishments:
- An example of how you reduced costs
- How you enhanced clientele
- How you demonstrated professionalism
- Any special awards you earned
- Any training you had or provided to new cashiers
Take a look at some of the accomplishments/achievements statements of a cashier. These phrases or bullet points can be utilized to build a cashier resume.
Sample Accomplishments for a Cashier Resume
- Provided the highest level of fun and friendly customer service, which increased the client base by 20% annually.
- Redesigned the checkout counter, decreasing the chances of errors by 80%.
- Increased sales by $5000 per month by up-selling at the cash counter.
- Achieved the ‘Employee of the Year Award’ following excellence in work procedures and mannerisms.
- Reorganized shelves and merchandise, reducing items finding time by 50%.
- Attained success in balancing the cash drawer after a hectic holiday season.
- Identified and corrected many discrepancies in cash-against-items-sold.
- Promoted from stocker to the position of a cashier owing to the demonstration of excellent cash handling insight brought on by substituting for the job.
- Delighted the customers with consistent and pleasant service, which resulted in a 30% increase in returning customers.
- Kept the work area clean, well-stocked, and organized, hence, increased efficiency by 20%.
- Reduced waiting time for customers by providing quick services.
- Followed appropriate procedures for cash handling, reducing the cash discrepancy rate from 3% to 0%.
- Efficiently answered questions, resolved customers’ concerns, and handled refunds and exchanges. Received 95% 5-star feedback from customers.
- Initiated a new system that worked with available data to check the authenticity of credit cards.
- Provided extensive cash handling and customer service training to five new cashiers.
- Exercised a lot of patience and tact to deal with demanding and angry customers.
See also: Grocery Cashier Achievements for Resume