Putting achievements on your resume automatically translates into a resume that talks wonder about you.
Depending on the type of professional accomplishments, hiring managers can make critical hiring decisions based on them.
If a hiring manager is presented with a list of work-related achievements in a resume, he or she is sure to do a double take, and eventually, call you for an interview.
What exactly are achievements?
An achievement is anything that you have accomplished that has had a significant positive effect on a company or an individual.
It can be translated into reduced costs, increased business opportunities, and augmented profits, depending on what type of work it was that brought about this achievement.
Working in any position requires skills, and if you have been able to use those skills to achieve something, you need to make it known to a hiring manager, through a well-developed section in your resume.
Here are some examples of achievements that a grocery store cashier can place on her or his resume. Have a look:
Sample Accomplishments for Grocery Store Cashier Resume
• Successfully handled 2 POS systems at the same time, in the absence of another cashier.
• Singlehandedly managed to control a cash register discrepancy, which could have had a significant adverse effect if left unearthed.
• Increased sales by $4000 per month by indulging in vigorous but customer service-oriented upselling activities.
• Devised a system to provide customers with information on new products, discounts, and deals, as they arrived at the store, dynamically.
• Decreased the cost of acquiring grocery items from the vendor, by suggesting an alternative delivery service, which was 50% less expensive than the one already being used.
• Implemented a discrepancy management system, which provided automatic alerts.
• Successfully juggled the work of a cashier and a store representative 4 times in a row, owing to an exceptional inflow of customers.
• Retained a particularly irate customer, who claimed to have been wronged by a representative, by handling the situation with great care.
• Devised a bank liaison system, which proved to be 75% more efficient in processing payments, owing to consistent representative contact.