The skills and qualifications section is the most important part of a caregiver resume so try to make it as attractive as possible.
This section allows you mention your caregiving skills, training and education and outline your personality traits to the prospective employer.
As prospective employers need caregivers to provide compassion, care and assistance to those who need help in everyday living, therefore, include these type of keywords in the qualifications section.
This section can also be called as Profile, Skills, Strengths, Summary of Qualifications, or Special Capabilities.
Sample Skills and Qualifications for a Caregiver Resume
• Over 3 years’ hands-on experience in caregiving arena providing ongoing care to adults, disabled and children.
• Highly skilled in assisting clients in all kinds of activities of daily living such as bathing, toileting, personal hygiene and transportation.
• Ability to get along with clients of different cultures and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Competent at providing personal grooming services such as skin care, hair, nails and oral care.
• Hands-on experience in monitoring blood pressure, vital signs, pulse, temperature and respiration.
• Well-versed in grocery shopping, errands running, bills paying and laundry management.
• Proven record of providing clients with assistance in toileting, bathing, dressing and personal hygiene.
• Demonstrated ability to encourage everyday activities in keeping with the client’s needs.
• Adept at preparing and serving nutritious meals, clearing dining area and organizing kitchen.
• Track record of providing conversation and companionship in a respectful manner.
• Proven ability to help clients take prescribed medication and remind them their schedule.
• First-hand experience in light housekeeping tasks, cleaning, lawn care and pet care.
• Possess a reliable vehicle and current driver’s license with good driving record.
• Proficient in assisting clients with walking and physical therapy as per instructions of physician.
• Able to assist patients at 24/7 including weekends and nights.
• Special talent for maintaining confidentiality of clients’ information.