Caregivers usually care for clients in their homes or assisted living facilities. They assist disabled or elderly clients in performing personal care and household tasks and running errands.
Their duties include but are not limited to providing personal care and cleaning services, as well as assisting clients in their activities of everyday living.
If you love caring for others, the position of caregiver will be a perfect choice for you.
In order to get a job as a caregiver, you have to write an eye-catching resume to persuade the employer to invite you for an interview.
How to Write a Great Resume for a Caregiver Position?
The following 10 tips will help you in writing a professional caregiver resume:
- Write your name and contact details in the header of the resume.
- Add the job title and a compelling resume headline under your name and contact details.
- Start your resume with a caregiver objective or caregiver summary statement.
- Divide your resume into different sections.
- Use bullet points under each section to make it easy to read.
- Mention your qualifications and core competencies that will help you to perform this job efficiently.
- Relate your caregiving skills and qualifications to the job description provided by the employer.
- Write your experiences in reverse chronological order (latest experience first).
- Include your educational and license information.
- Close your resume with a personalized branding statement.
The following 5 sample caregiver resumes are based on different levels of experience. Pay close attention to the resume sections and layout and the ways that might capture the reader’s attention.
Caregiver Resume Sample 1
Experience: 15 Years
895 N 66th Street
Kansas City, KS 12879
Poised to actively treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect.
Compassionate Kansas State Certified Caregiver with 15-plus years of hands-on experience in providing personal care and hygiene services to clients, residents, and patients. Focused on ensuring the clients’ comfort and safety at all times. Ability to promote residents’ independence and assist them with activities of daily living.
Plan Development | Nutritional Support
Medication Support | Emergency Response
Housekeeping | Meal Preparation
Patient Counseling | Errands Running
Physical Therapy | Health and Safety
Calendar Maintenance | Companionship
- Immediately provided CPR to an older adult, revered the immediate effects of a heart attack
- Rehabilitated 15 residents with emotional issues by providing counseling services.
- Planned and implemented core nutritional plans
- Organized 12 workshops on resident health and safety as part of caregiver training programs
- Proactively observed residents in order to determine their physical and mental health
- Provided healthcare professionals with 100% accurate feedback
Comfort Keepers, Kansas City, KS
May 2015 – Present
- Comprehend the details laid out in the patient care programs and devise methods to follow them
- Provide patients with assistance in toileting, grooming, washing, and bathing.
- Prepare and serve meals according to the set nutritional plans charted out in patients’ files.
- Provide companionship and counseling to patients as a means of providing comfort and support.
- Remind patients to take their medications on time or administer prescribed medication.
- Observe patients in order to determine changes in behavior and health and report findings to doctors immediately.
- Accompany patients to doctors’ appointments and encourage them to take part in recreational activities.
- Ensure that patients’ surroundings are kept clean and safe.
- Assist in handling household chores such as laundry, errand running, and cleaning.
- Create and submit patient condition/progress reports to presiding doctors periodically.
Home Care Aide
Right at Home, Kansas City, KS
Jun 2008 – May 2015
- Assisted residents in handling their personal needs (such as toileting, bathing, and washing) by keeping their dignity intact.
- Provided companionship through productive conversation and advice.
- Accompanied residents to doctors’ appointments and encouraged them to take part in activities.
- Helped with physical therapy sessions and DIY exercises.
- Observed residents and determined signs of distress or changes in condition.
- Offered feedback to family members and doctors.
High School Diploma
AAA High School, Kansas City, KS – 2005
Word, Excel, Internet, Social Media
Current driver’s license and auto insurance
English & Spanish
Excellent professional references are available
Caregiver Resume Sample 2
Experience: 10 Years
347 Stella Lane, Bend, OR 56888
Poised to outperform at a private household or a healthcare facility.
Compassionate and results-driven Caregiver with 9 years of progressively responsible experience in the personal care arena. Strong commitment to delivering top-quality support to elderly clients as well as children. A successful communicator who has a profound ability to build and maintain professional relationships with clients. Exceeded clients’ expectations and consistently enhanced their quality of life by instilling self-help skills.
AA SENIOR CARE, Bend, OR
8/2013 – Present
- Provide quality companionship to clients all day long and assist them in hygiene maintenance and daily living tasks.
- Accompany clients to hospitals and continuously communicate their condition and progress to family and concerned doctor.
- Anticipate the client’s daily needs and handle them appropriately.
- Maintain client confidentiality and privacy protocols.
- Create and maintain active communication channels with the client’s family and physician.
- Initiated table games club at the facility, enhancing inter-resident communication immensely augmenting the overall quality of life.
- Attained 100% client satisfaction within the initial 2 months of work.
- Identified early symptoms of stroke in a client, provided basic life support, and timely shifted her to the hospital, thus saving her life.
SPIK N SPAN, Bend, OR
3/2010 – 8/2013
- Maintained the allotted floors in neat and clean condition.
- Cleaned, scrubbed, dusted, and carried out laundry and maintenance tasks.
- Performed light cooking and kitchen assistance activities.
- Attained the ‘Most Committed Employee Award’ twice during tenure.
- Facilitated the renovation of a 16-room residential facility by working singlehandedly within a fortnight.
- Fixed a chandelier with loose hangings effectively saving the client from replacement and extra repair costs.
High School Diploma
City School, Bend, OR
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Companionship – Housekeeping
– Meal Preparation – Exercise Assistance
– Communication – Errands Running
– Toilet/Bath Assistance – Feeding Assistance
– Personal Care – Catheter Care
First Aid & CPR
Current Driver’s License
“I offer repeated records of achievements with clients of different socioeconomic backgrounds.“
Caregiver Resume Sample 3
Experience: 5 Years
699 Rosedale Street
Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
☏ (000) 857-8545
Warm, loving, and caring – provides comfort and safety to clients round the clock.
Driven and compassionate Caregiver with 5+ years of proven track record in providing one-on-one care. Hardworking and honest, known to provide companionship to the elderly while performing light housekeeping tasks and running errands. Certified by the Canadian Red Cross in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
CORE CAREGIVING SKILLS
– Toileting Assistance – Personal Hygiene
– Medication Reminders – Meal Preparation
– Alzheimer Care – Client Grooming
NJ Caregiving Services, Edmonton, AB
- Assist clients with grooming, hair, nails, and oral care to help them live a dignified life
- Transfer clients to and from the bed while ensuring a comfortable move
- Monitor vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration
- Provide proper skin care to avoid bed sores
- Maintain sanitation standards of the client’s house
- Wash tableware and all kitchen utensils
- Maintain a specialized image of the company and show commitment to individual care
ABC Company, Calgary, AB
- Assisted clients with bathing and maintaining personal hygiene
- Encouraged activities following the client’s needs and capabilities
- Washed and dried clothes
- Helped clients in feeding and toileting
- Documented and recorded care in suitable forms
- Reported unexpected changes in the client’s physical, mental or emotional health to the family and agency
- Made the bed and changed the linens
Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB – 2012
Current Driver’s License with automobile insurance
- Able to handle emergencies and unforeseen situations efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, as well as convincing power
- Ability to handle hostile behavior of clients
- Computer: MS Word and Excel
- Great attention to detail
“I am committed to caring for seniors and children, and their property with dignity and respect.”
Caregiver Resume Sample 4
Experience: 2 Years
1025 8th Street
Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
❖❖ CAREGIVER ❖❖
Poised to create and maintain a pleasant environment for clients from different backgrounds.
Extremely dependable and compassionate Caregiver with 2+ years of extensive experience in providing timely and friendly care to older adults and physically challenged clients. A warm-hearted individual who performed personal care activities in a manner that maximized residents’ independence and dignity in a home-like environment. Poised to work as an active member of an enthusiastic caregiving team.
– HHA Certified
– Current Alberta driver’s license and reliable vehicle with insurance
– Computer: Word, Excel, Email, and Internet
– Bilingual: English/Spanish
Meal Preparation | Laundry Management
Bath Assistance | Good Judgement
Ambulation Assistance | Personal Hygiene
Record-Keeping | Customer Service
Clients’ Transportation | Housekeeping
Errands Running | Emotionally Mature
Elderly Care Center, Edmonton, AB
Jan 2022 – Present
- Achieve 100% targets of resident care plans.
- Create and maintain a continuous fun environment for older adults.
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals and serve clients.
- Wash dishes and clean the kitchen after the meal.
- Support clients in personal hygiene and care such as bathing, grooming, and toileting.
- Cntributribute to creating and maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
ABC Company, Edmonton, AB
May 2021 – Jan 2022
- Timely observed and reported a change in the emotional condition of the client.
- Helped clients with laundry and performed light housekeeping tasks.
- Provided ongoing companionship to clients.
- Transported clients to and from appointments and social gatherings
- Shopped for groceries and ran errands.
- Prepared and maintained documentation about the client’s condition and care provided.
Private Duty Caregiver
Right At Home, Chicago, IL
Jun 2020 – May 2021
- Assisted clients in using the bathroom and cared for mouth, skin, and hair.
- Provided ambulation, eating, dressing, and shaving services.
- Prepared nutritious meals and special diets according to instructions.
- Helped clients with a range of motion exercises.
- Performed light housekeeping activities such as dusting, sweeping, changing linens, and cleaning bathrooms.
High School Diploma
Community School, Edmonton, AB
- Excellent attention to detail
- Track record of working efficiently without direct supervision
- Special talent for building professional rapport with clients
“I am eager to bring a positive difference in every client’s life.”
Certified Caregiver Resume Example
Experience: Less Than 1 Year
32 6th Street, Portland, OR 57487
Reliable | Tolerant | Compassionate
Enthusiastic to care for older adults and children with dignity and respect.
Dependable Caregiver with over 7+ months’ hands-on experience in managing the activities of daily living of older adults. Always take pride in helping others. Ability to perform all kinds of housekeeping, grocery shopping, and errand tasks. Possess a reliable car with a current driver’s license and insurance. Bilingual: English/French.
Orlando State Certified Nursing Assistant
CPR and First Aid
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Meal Preparation | Transportation
Housekeeping | Personal Care
Mobility Assistance | Companionship
Medication Reminders | Pet Care
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Home Care LLC – Portland, OR
May 2021 – Present
- Facilitate resident’s 24-hour plans such as recreation, ADLs, dining, and other duties as assigned
- Perform light housekeeping tasks following clients’ preferences
- Prepare a meal for residents
- Support the resident’s abilities by adhering to all policies of personal care
- Participate in daily care meetings
Chung Household – Pickering, ON
Jan 2021 – May 2021
- Prepared and served nutritious meals to adults and children
- Created and maintained a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Instructed children in personal hygiene and social development
- Took children to and from school and to appointments
- Disciplined children as per methods requested by the parents
- Created and maintained daily care records
Fundamentals of Caregiving
Community College, Portland, OR
General Education Degree
Hall High School, Portland, OR
- Positive approach
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A high degree of attention to detail
See also: Caregiver Resume No Experience
Caregiver Job Description and Duties for Resume
A resume for a caregiver position usually contains some standard sections including; objective/profile, core competencies/qualifications, experience, accomplishments, and education.
The following are some standard duties of a caregiver which can be included in the employment or experience section of your resume.
- Help clients or residents with the activities of daily living.
- Perform personal care tasks such as hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting, and shaving.
- Talk with clients, and give them companionship while participating in resident activities.
- Prepare nutritious meals and snacks for clients.
- Provide transfer assistance by moving clients in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or cars.
- Change linens, and clean and iron laundry.
- Assist in keeping the rooms, cabinets, and drawers neat and clean.
- Take and record vital signs.
- Create and maintain a pleasant work environment.
- Perform sanitation and housekeeping tasks in the client’s room, bathroom, and common areas.
- Perform general household tasks, including laundry, shopping, errands running, and transportation.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly manner.
- Implement and support resident-care plans.
- Provide companionship to elderly and disabled clients.
- Accompany clients with community activities and events.
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the care plan.
- Treat and care for seniors and their property with respect and dignity.
- Remind of medication and appointments.
- Provided Alzheimer’s care when needed.
Caregiver Soft Skills for Resume
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Known to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Able to lift heavy loads
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Personal Support Worker Certification
- First Aid and CPR
Best Keywords to Use in a Caregiver Resume
Use the following keywords in a caregiver resume in order to make it more effective.
- Personal Care
- Personal hygiene
- Medication Reminders
- Assist with feeding
- Meal Preparation
- Pressure Reduction
What prospective employers seek in a caregiver resume?
Employers seek two qualities in a caregiver’s resume – compassion and lots of patience. If your caregiver’s resume passes this test, it will be considered better than someone else’s resume who hasn’t mentioned their compassionate side.
It must be remembered that the hiring manager perceives your talents through the content of your resume. Therefore, you should present your skills, qualifications, accomplishments, and experiences in the best possible light.
Writing an effective resume for a caregiver position needs care, consideration, and planning. Therefore, spend plenty of time customizing your resume as per the needs of the employer.