Overview & Guidelines
Do you know why some resumes for caregiver position are given more importance than others?
Let us give you an example; imagine that you are applying for a position in which your primary job is to look after another person. What would a prospective employer look for in your resume?
A hint of compassion and lots of patience!
If your resume passes this test, it will be considered better than someone’s else resume who hasn’t bothered to show his or her compassionate side.
What you write in a caregiver resume is who you are perceived to be.
That is the only thing that matters to a prospective employer. Your employability is based on how well you present yourself.
Sample Resume for Caregiver
895 N 66th Street ● Kansas City, KS 12879 ● (000) 123-1212 ● [Email]
Poised to actively treating and caring for clients and their property with dignity and respect.
Compassionate caregiver with 9+ years’ hands-on experience in providing personal care and hygiene services to patients. Focused on ensuring client comfort. Ability to promote residents’ independence, and assist them with activities of daily living.
|• Care Plan Development||• Housekeeping||• Physical Therapy Support|
|• Nutritional Support||• Meal Preparation||• Resident Health and Safety|
|• Medication Administration||• Patient Counseling||• Calendar Maintenance|
|• Emergency Response||• Errands Running||• Companionship|
• Saved a resident’s life by immediately providing CPR to ward off the immediate effects of a heart attack.
• Rehabilitated 15 residents with emotional issues by providing counseling services.
• Planned and implemented a core nutritional plan from which several dietary plans could be derived for patients with different ailments.
• Held 12 workshops on resident health and safety as part of caregiver training programs.
• Proactively observed residents to determine their physical and mental health.
• Provided healthcare professionals with 100% accurate feedback.
• Comprehend the details laid out in patient care programs and devise methods to follow them.
• Provide patients with assistance in toileting, grooming, washing, and bathing.
• Prepare and serve meals according to set nutritional plans charted out in patients’ files.
• Provide companionship and counseling to patients as a means of providing comfort and support.
• Remind patients to take their medications on time or administer prescribed medication.
• Observe patients to determine changes in behavior and health and report findings to doctors immediately.
• Accompany patients to doctors’ appointments and encourage them to take part in recreational activities.
• Ascertain that patients’ surroundings are kept clean and safe.
• Assist in handling household chores such as laundry, errand running, and cleaning.
• Create and submit patient condition/progress report to presiding doctors periodically.
• Assisted residents in handling their personal needs (such as toileting, bathing, and washing) by keeping their dignity intact.
• Provided companionship through productive conversation and advice.
• Escorted/accompanied residents to doctors’ appointments and encouraged them to take part in activities.
• Assisted with physical therapy sessions and DIY exercises.
• Observed residents to determine signs of distress or changes in condition and provided feedback to family members and doctors.
THE CORE HIGH SCHOOL, Kansas City, KS – 2005
High School Diploma
Current driver’s license and auto insurance
Word, Excel, Internet, Social Media
English & Spanish
Excellent professional references available