When writing your Cover Letter for Investment Banking positions, it is essential to show your knowledge about the prospective company and highlight your key strengths to show how you are a good match for this position.
Your cover letter for Investment Banking Resume should focus on your abilities which will help you meet the requirements of the employer.
Take a look at the following example to get help writing your cover letter.
Investment Banking Cover Letter Example
652 Example Street East
New York, NY 62147
June 16, 2019
Mr. John Davis,
Human Resources Manager
Goldman Sachs & Co.
254 Some North Street
New York, NY 62598
Dear Mr. Davis:
I am writing to apply for the position of Investment Banking Analyst at Goldman Sachs & Co. With my MBA degree in Finance and six months of the first-hand experience in investment banking, I am eager to leverage my practical experience and academic knowledge to contribute to your bottom line.
Through my work at ABC Company, I have developed the skills and qualifications required for filling this position:
• Proven ability to contact potential clients to present information and explain relevant services.
• Able to offer advice on particular investments.
• Highly skilled in supporting senior bankers in researching and making marketing pitch materials, making monetary models to value prospective clients, and researching industries as decided by higher management in targeting specific clients or industries.
• Hands-on experience in assisting in active equity and merger and acquisition contract execution.
• Demonstrated ability to travel to consumer meetings, drafting sessions and roadshow stops.
Goldman Sachs & Co. is committed to providing their clients with superior customer satisfaction and one-on-one partnership. My experience shows I am highly motivated, with a solid base of investment banking technical knowledge, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. I take pleasure in working with both clients and co-workers within the organization.
As n enthusiastic Investment Banking professional, I’d welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my education, experience, and skills would be beneficial for Goldman Sachs & Co. I will contact your office by phone next week to follow-up on my job application and to arrange a date and time of a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you soon.