In order to make the skills section of a bartender resume, read the advertisement and job description carefully and underline relevant keywords to include in skills, attributes, abilities, and/or qualifications section of your resume.
If an employer is looking for somebody who has hospitality skills, customer focused, innovative, punctual, and attentive to detail, you should use similar words in the skills/qualifications section of your resume.
Below are some sample qualifications and skills statements for a bartender resume.
You may use 5 to 6 phrases either in the ‘Summary of Qualifications’ or ‘Skills’ section your resume which are most relevant to job description.
Sample Skills/Qualifications for Bartender Resume
• Opening and closing the bar according to employer standards.
• Maintaining an attractive environment for guests through strict cleanliness.
• Checking identification of customers to verify age requirements.
• Cleaning, washing, polishing and arranging glassware is a neat and tidy manner.
• Mixing, garnishing and serving drinks to guests, in a fast and accurate manner, in keeping with employer’s specifications.
• Proven ability to assess, anticipate and meet multiple guests’ needs simultaneously while maintaining high standards of quality.
• Hands-on experience in keeping the bar stocked and sanitized.
• Able to adhere to state and company standards for serving beverages.
• Known for providing true hospitality and guest services.
• Demonstrated ability to help guests in choosing menu items, taking orders and making guests feel taken care of throughout their visit.
• Special talent for adapting to different personalities of guests and co-workers without losing attention.
• Adept at balancing cash receipts, generating bills and collecting money for food/drinks served.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish.
• Computer: POS System, Internet, Email.
• Accurately enters information into the POS system.
• Special talent for ensuring members are fully satisfied with service.
• Quickly responds to any requests or concerns of guests.
• Known to solve problems through good decision making.
• Ability to ensure that bar is adequately stocked.
• Recognized for demonstrating teamwork, sincerity and courtesy.
• Well versed with fire and emergency procedures.
• Smart Serve Certified.
• Emotionally Mature with great communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Remains calm under pressure.
• Able to work weekends and holidays.
Last updated on