Whether you’re building a new resume for a cocktail server position or updating the previous one, you should know what to write in the skills section of the resume. In fact, a well-written skills section will strengthen your candidacy.
Therefore, you should write the only skills which closely relate to the Cocktail Server job and employers’ requirements.
The following are some Skills for a Cocktail Server Resume.
You may select some of these phrases for your resume, which are most relevant to the employer’s needs.
Remember to add only 5 to 6 skills statements in your Cocktail Server / Waitress Resume which closely aligns with the job description.
Sample Skills for Cocktail Server Resume
• Highly skilled in serving beverages and food in a polite and timely manner.
• Exceptional talent for checking and maintaining appropriate set-up and sanitation of service stations.
• Proven record of greeting guests in a friendly and courteous way.
• Demonstrated ability to explain all specials, promotions, and snacks.
• Highly skilled in serving beverages to patrons in their designated area.
• Adept at taking beverage orders and pass on them to the Bartender.
• Competent at collecting the request from the bartender, adding proper garnish, and presenting on a tray.
• Able to take accurate and detailed orders and insert them into the point of sale system.
• Well versed in replenishing beverages as requested.
• Knowledge of all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations concerning serving beverages.
• Particularly useful in computing bills and payments for drink orders.
• Capable of removing empty or dirty glasses, bottles, and ashtrays and returning them to the bar or kitchen.
• Proficient in upselling and suggestively selling menu items and specials.
• Well-versed with POS systems and food and beverage codes.
• Able to maintain the sanitation of bar areas and serve stations.
• Efficiently find and solve guest problems.
• Eager to satisfy the needs of clients and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.