A kitchen assistant is responsible for helping culinary staff in performing all tasks in the kitchen, serving guests when needed, and taking food carts to various dining locations as per instructions.
Kitchen assistance is an exciting job especially if you have a passion for the culinary and food industry.
It is promising in the sense that one gets to learn a lot and there are many growth opportunities if the person sincerely pursues a profession in cooking or catering.
An ideal resume for a kitchen assistant position must demonstrate the ability to carry out all kinds of kitchen support tasks promptly.
Kitchen Assistant Resume Sample
896 Yale’s Lane, Natick, MA 87443
(005) 214-7478 | [email protected]
Highly dependable and energetic kitchen assistant with 11+ years of hands-on experience in kitchen and dining support, customer service, table setting, dinner prepping, and maintenance of stock inventory. Fully aware of health and sanitary standards and policy issues.
Hugo’s Diner, Natick, MA
Aug 2012 – Present
- Assist the lead chef in recipe preparation
- Follow given the recipe to book to recreate various dishes
- Maintain the working area in a neat and clean condition
- Serve food and beverages to clients as ordered
- Help the chef in snack and sandwich preparation
- Perform all kinds of waiter tasks including table setting, table clearing, and drinks serving
- Transported items carefully to the dining locations.
- Accelerated the process of washing and cleaning procedures of equipment and utensils.
- Cautiously handled food carts which decreased monthly loss by $500.
- Correctly divided recipe ingredients quantity to suit the amount of order.
- Maintained knowledge of standard procedures regarding frosting, reheating, and chilling food items.
- Received employee of the month award twice in 2013.
AA Co, Natick, MA
Jun 2009 – Aug 2012
- Cleaned and set up tables after guests leave
- Chopped and mixed salads as instructed
- Maintained stock register and kept the pantry fully stocked at all times
- Catered for special dietary requirements in standard recipes as requested by the guests
City School, Natick, MA | 2009
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions accurately
- Willing to take any on the job training if required
Current driver’s license