A kitchen assistant is responsible for helping culinary staff in performing all tasks in the kitchen, serving guests when needed and taking food carts to various dining locations as per instructions.
Kitchen assistance is an exciting job especially if you have a passion for culinary and food industry.
It is promising in a sense that one gets to learn a lot and there are many growth opportunities if the person sincerely pursues a profession in cooking or catering.
An ideal resume for kitchen assistant position must demonstrate the ability to carry out all kinds of kitchen support tasks promptly.
Kitchen Assistant Resume Sample
|Kate Ruth|| 896 Yale’s Lane, Natick, MA 87443|
(005) 214-7478 | email@example.com
Highly dependable and energetic kitchen assistant with 4+ years of hands-on experience in kitchen and dining support, customer service, table setting, dinner prepping and maintenance of stock inventory. Fully aware of health and sanitary standards and policies issues.
Practiced in assisting the chef in snack and sandwich preparation. Demonstrated ability to perform all kinds of waiting tasks including table setting, table clearing, and drinks serving. Practical skills in transporting items carefully to the dining locations.
- Contributed in developing the recipe of a special sauce that became the diner’s signature two weeks after its launch.
- Development new recipes and restocked the pantry efficiently.
- Accelerated the process of washing and cleaning procedures of equipment and utensils.
- Cautiously handled food carts which decreased monthly loss by $500.
- Correctly divided recipe ingredients quantity to suit the amount of order.
- Maintained knowledge of standard procedures regarding frosting, reheating and chilling food items.
- Received employee of the month award twice in 2013.
Hugo’s Diner, Natick, MA | Aug 2012 – Present
- Assist the lead chef in recipe preparation
- Follow given the recipe to book to recreate various dishes
- Maintain the working area in a neat and clean condition
- Serve food and beverages to clients as ordered
AA Co, Natick, MA | Jun 2009 – Aug 2012
- Cleaned and set up tables after guests leave
- Chopped and mixed salads as instructed
- Maintained stock register and kept the pantry fully stocked at all times
- Catered for special dietary requirements in standard recipes as requested by the guests
City School, Natick, MA | 2009
- Customer service oriented attitude
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions accurately
- Willing to take any on the job training if required
- Current MA driver’s license