Every clinical psychologist’s job application or resume must be accompanied by a customized cover letter.
To make an effective clinical psychology cover letter, it is important to write it in a manner that instantly grabs the attention of the employer.
The best way to do so is to highlight those skills from your profile that are demanded by the potential employer.
Another key is to make your letter as short as possible.
Employers do not usually have time to read long stories. Short, to the point, and objectively formatted cover letters are always preferred, like the example below:
Related: Clinical Psychologist Resume Sample
Sample Cover Letter for Clinical Psychologist Position
919 Ferry Lane, Wilmington, DE 98403
February 21, 2021
Dr. Garner Keats
873 Heavenly Ave
Wilmington, DE 98403
Dear Dr. Keats:
Capitalizing on a career in clinical psychology, I seek a highly challenging position in the field, possibly in a hospital setting. I am writing this letter with the same goal in mind. My resume is attached for your review.
Possessing three years of work experience as a clinical psychologist, I offer most of the qualifications you require for the same position at Hillside hospital. Below is an illustration of what I have stated above:
- Observes APA issued clinical psychology practices of confidentiality
- Informed consent before therapeutic remedy.
- Proficient in designing CBT-based therapies coupled with integrated approaches as and when needed.
- Skilled in rapport building and counseling teenagers regarding various mental health issues.
- Hands-on experience in handling multiple substance cases of abuse, drug, and alcohol addiction cases successfully.
- In-depth knowledge of the APA standards of case file handling.
- Ability to maintain well-formatted individual case files.
Your time spent reviewing my attached resume will pay off well. I will be in contact next week to implore the possibility of scheduling an interview meeting to discuss the opportunity further. Please contact me at (003) 666-7777 if you’d like to talk sooner.
Thank you for your time and consideration.