Admission Assistants work in educational institutions in order to provide guidance to prospective students who are seeking admission.
The position is required to be available in admission offices of schools and colleges so they can give relevant information to students who walk in for admission-related queries.
If you are planning to apply for an Admissions Assistant position, here are some helpful tips to help you create an effective resume.
- Keep your resume very concise and to the point. Jumbled-up or long resumes don’t get attention.
- Clearly communicate your relevant skills.
- Use simple language
- Mention only relevant jobs in the experience section.
- Edit and customize your resume for each employer, keeping in view their needs.
Here is a sample resume for the Admissions Assistant position for further guidance in this regard.
Admissions Assistant Resume Example
690 Madison Square
Tampa FL 55555
(000) 111 -7777
edward .moore @ email.com
Highly dependable and customer service-oriented admissions assistant with 7+ years of experience in providing student recruitment support to educational institutions. Particularly skilled in student database management, applicant interaction, and admission processing. Well-versed in scanning applications to confirm document completion with accuracy in a limited time.
• Database management and application processing
• Strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Aiding applicants with scholarships, financial aid, and housing issues in a professional manner
• Planning and executing special promotional events related to admission to various educational programs
• Great attention to detail along with expertise in reviewing and processing incoming applications
St. Joseph’s High, Tampa FL
Apr 2020 – Present
• Reduced admission application processing time by 2 days per admission by implementing a smartly designed step-wise procedure.
• Increased student enrollment rate by 30% with help of convincing presentations and promotions of newly launched programs at the college.
• Reviewed and analyzed all applications to ensure complete and timely documentation and processing of the admission.
• Screened the submitted applications and shortlisted applicants for the interview phase.
• Briefed aspiring applicants and their parents/ guardians regarding admission protocols and the application process.
• Kept record of student progress in the enrolled program.
Florida High School, Tampa FL
May 2015 – Apr 2020
• Controlled incomplete documentation issues by executing a detailed checklist for required documents.
• Greeted walk-in students and their parents and guided them in detail regarding the admission process and prerequisites according to their aspired program.
• Maintained the front desk in a presentable condition and greeted any walk-in visitors.
• Prepared and delivered presentations regarding new programs engaging the prospective students of the community and vicinity.
• Responded to telephonic and email inquiries regarding admission procedure and application processing.
Associate Degree in Arts
Medieval Arts College, Tampa, FL