Even if you are a little technology savvy, you will know what plug and play stand for. But are you aware that there are plug and play resumes as well? Plug and play resumes work on the following basis:
• Creating a core resume
• Creating information modules
• Building a starter resume
• Researching target job positions
• Creating a targeted resume
We all have that one core resume lying somewhere at the back of a drawer. Using it to hash out a more targeted one is more comfortable than writing one from scratch. This way, we can overcome many problems such as memory failing us or forgetting to include an important detail.
Take a look at the following targeted resume for an admissions specialist position:
Admissions Specialist Resume Example
378 Sunset Valley Circle ● Rex, GA 38293 ● (000) 999-9009 ● [Email]
Hardworking, upbeat individual with unique administrative talents and experience of working in a university environment. Logical and analytical approach to process new admissions. Exceptional knowledge of establishing and maintaining “first contact” relationships and facilitating core admissions activities. Demonstrated expertise in reviewing applications and assisting in administering admissions decision processes.
• Evaluated coursework and degree coursework to ensure that applicants fulfill the eligibility.
• CReated and maintained academic records and providing a series of ad-hoc statistical reports.
• Determined admissibility, transferability of credit and residency for applicants across varying disciplines.
|– Recordkeeping||– Communication||– Admission support|
|– Student coordination||– Service improvement||– Reception|
|– Registration||– Follow up||– College transcripts|
|– Credentials review||– Re-admission||– Evaluation|
• Implemented an online applicant registration procedure that saved time by 50% in the admission procedure
• Suggested Grade Point Evaluation system to be taken into account, which increased the efficiency of applicant evaluation by 88%
• Introduced to a sophisticated new applicant records management system, reducing information retrieval time by 55%
• Held 18 in-house workshops to advise students and families about educational opportunities, admissions, and financial assistance
THE CARA PROGRAM, Rex, GA | 6/2013 to Present
• Review and process student applications for admission purposes
• Understand each applicant’s educational goals and make notes to provide them with specific advice
• Evaluate both degree requirements and coursework to ensure that applicants meet them
• Counsel and advise students about the courses that they should take up, in accordance with their educational goals
• Respond to inquiries regarding admission procedures and requirements over the telephone and in person
• Build and maintain social media strategies to reach out to prospective students
• Provide pre-admission services to graduate applicants and prospective students
• Handle open houses, receptions and yield activities for prospective and already enrolled students
• Assist in the implementation and management of recruitment and admissions services
• Provide students and prospective students with information on financial aid eligibility
NEWPORT COLLEGE, Rex, GA | 11/2011 to 5/2013
• Provided admissions eligibility information to prospective students
• Assisted walk-in prospective students by providing them with information on admissions procedures
• Handled telephone inquiries and provided admissions requirement information over the phone and in emails
• Assisted students in filling out admission forms and ensured that accompanying documents are complete
• Provided support for open houses and seminars by arranging for logistics such as premises, equipment, and materials
STATE UNIVERSITY State University, Rex, GA – 2008
BA – Education