Admissions counselors are engaged by educational institutes where their job duties include assisting the director of admissions across many functions of student recruitment. They seek out prospective students, interview them and lead them through the admission process. They organize and attend college fairs and other community events to put forward information of the college or university that they are representing.
Once an admission counselor has prospected students, he or she is expected to interview them, evaluate their grades and examine recommendation letters in order to evaluate their eligibility for a particular academic program. They also provide students with information on an institute’s academic programs and counsel them to help them achieve their admission goals. Apart from providing students with information on academic strengths of an institute, admissions counselors also familiarize students with campus life.
Effective communication skills and the ability to use independent judgment are important prerequisites for the position of an admission counselor. Individuals applying for this position may want to portray these skills in a resume especially when writing a resume objective. Have a look at the following resume objective samples for this position.
Sample Objectives for Admissions Counselor Resume
• Looking for a position as an Admissions Counselor with University of Colorado. Bringing expertise in developing student-base by evaluating and interview strong prospects
• Seeking an Admissions Counselor position with Michigan State University using exceptional knowledge of conducting researches and developing student profile for possible admission purposes
• Desire a position as an Admissions Counselor with California College of Arts. Offering strong background in prospecting and interviewing students and providing counseling services along with handling multiple events aimed at attaining a solid student base
• To obtain a position as an Admissions Counselor with Forbes College where applying knowledge of coordinating college fairs and events in order to represent the college on a national level and review and evaluate admission applications for possible student recruitment
• To work as an Admissions Counselor with TCS Education System employing knowledge of recruiting students at a post-baccalaureate level
• Desire a position as an Admission Counselor with University of the Rockies by offering keen student assessment skills and the ability to enroll students by guiding them through the institute’s processes
• Looking for an Admissions Coordinator position at Keiser University where I may be able to act as the “face” of the organization and develop student-base for the university’s academic programs. Offering knowledge of using data and trends to plan and recruit effectively and evaluate students for possible admissions