A hiring manager looking for a staff accountant without experience will still want to know what the applicant is all about.
This is why applicants must create resumes that are perfect from all ends. How? That is the golden question.
To be perfectly honest, this is not such an issue. In fact, you can write a resume for this position if you have some knowledge of the role, and of course, skills for it.
Your resume for a staff accountant position will be your most important job application document. This means that you must give it all its due.
Putting information such as your knowledge of managing financial reports and accounts is important. Equally important is to show the hiring manager that you can effectively maintain general ledgers, and conduct billing processes, such as taxes and revenues.
A sample resume for a staff accountant with no experience is given below for your reference.
Staff Accountant Resume Sample with No Experience
303 Tech Road, Salina, KS70021
Resourceful individual, with exceptional knowledge of maintaining financial reports, records, and accounts. Deeply familiar with preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. Able to develop and review annual operating budgets, and performance projections.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
Kansas State University, Salina, KS – 2019
Award and Honors
• Honored for representing the university at the international level in 3 football championships.
• Made it to the Dean’s list 3 times, owing to the excellent academic record.
• Published a finance paper in the local newspaper, as a result, received commendation from the university management
• Chosen as the first national merit scholar by the university, due to excellent record
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• AR / AP Management
• Financial Reporting
• Budget Oversight
• Compliance Assurance
• Auditing Assistance
Market Street Partners, Salina, KS | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Prepared financial statements according to set instructions
• Managed payments and expenses, and handled accounts receivable and payable
• Maintained financial records by using spreadsheets and accounting software
• Provided audit and merger support
• Prepared journal entries
• Reconciled and balanced ledger accounts
• Posted periodic accruals as instructed
• Created and maintained accounting and financial records
• Financial Software
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
English, Spanish, and Italian
• Represented the City of Salina in an interstate football match, consequently, winning the tournament
• Volunteered services at the Salina Hospital for 3 summers