A staff accountant cover letter is nothing more than an introduction letter.
It is written to provide the hiring manager with enough information that they can use to process your application positively.
The information that you provide in a cover letter can go a long way in determining what type of a person you are, and what you bring to the table regarding work prowess and knowledge.
Writing a staff accountant cover letter in the standard manner does no justice to it. That said, you have to make your cover letter stand out so that it quickly grabs the hiring manager’s attention and keeps him focused on you.
Below are some guidelines that may help you write an effective cover letter.
- Nothing beats a strong opening when it comes to staff accountant cover letter writing. Remember, a cover letter is your chance of creating a favorable first impression.
- Address the employer’s needs right in the second paragrapg and convince them of your viability as a candidate.
- Most of the information that you need to put into your cover letter is already given to you in the staff accountant job description. Make sure that you read all of the prospective employer’s requirements, and then write your cover letter accordingly.
Here are 3 cover letter samples that you can use:
Staff Accountant Cover Letter Sample 1
January 21, 2022
Mr. Edward Miller
Human Resource Manager
Interstate Hotels and Resorts
210 Flaghole Road
Andover, NH 69610
Dear Mr. Miller:
As a results-driven and performance-oriented Staff Accountant, I am eager to work for Interstate Hotels and Resorts. After reading the job description provided by you, I feel confident that hiring me will translate into significant benefits for you.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I offer expertise in:
- Directing and executing all accounting functions, in sync with finance teams.
- Establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Reviewing, finalizing, and processing expenses, including invoices and paid-outs.
- Efficiently using and maintaining back-office systems.
- Successful track record in many accounting areas such as reconciliation, accounts analysis, entry verification, and variance compilation.
Besides my technical talents. my high attention to detail and demonstrated skill with volumes of financial and numeric data will help me surpass your expectations.
As a driven staff accountant with the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines, I would like to meet with you to discuss your needs in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Staff Accountant Cover Letter Sample 2
130 Penmarc Drive
Raleigh, NC 27603
bruce @ email . com
January 21, 2022
Ms. Ralph McLaren
Assistant Manager Recruitment
44 New Street
Raleigh, NC 24113
Dear Ms. McLaren:
I am responding to your job posting for a Staff Accountant located on indeed.com. With my bachelor’s degree in accounting, designation as a Certified Public Accountant, and 5+ years of experience in accounting, I am eager to contribute to your success.
I can make Kemper’s accounting activities more efficient by supporting the financial analysis and internal controls and procedures. Owing to my proven track record of accurate and timely forecasting, I would ensure flawless budgeting, accounting reconciliations, and reporting.
Besides that, I have exceptional skills in preparation of the general ledger entries, reconciling accounts, and developing and implementing accounting procedures. My useful communication skills are developed by proactively dealing with clients and resolving their problems. I have a demonstrated ability to handle the bulk of transactions and a proven record of meeting accounts payable deadlines.
Based on the strengths mentioned above, I would like to meet with you to discuss this in detail. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Staff Accountant Cover Letter Sample 3
January 21, 2022
Mr. Harold James
44 Felix Sq
Atlanta, GA 56009
Dear Mr. James:
I am writing to express my interest in the Staff Accountant position at Selene Finance. As dedicated accountancy professional with extensive experience in handling staff account issues, I feel confident that I am the best contender.
The following are some of my many qualifications:
• 4+ years’ experience in accounts payable with coding and allocation of departmental expenses
• Proficient in budget variance reporting, schedule exhibit preparation, and financial reporting
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Known to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a performance-driven environment
• Competent in maintaining vendor information and setting up new vendor accounts
Moreover, I am talented in managing credit liability with client agencies, processing accounts receivable adjustments, and reconciling staff and customer accounts.
I am convinced that I possess the right combination of skills and experience to contribute to Selene Finance. In order to discuss this further, I will appreciate a one-on-one meeting. Please feel free to call me if you have any queries regarding my background. I will contact your secretary after five days to follow up.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Despite having an exceptional resume, applicants for the staff accountant position often ruin chances of the interview due to a poorly written cover letter.
Employers usually ask for cover letters; however, even if they have not specifically demanded one, you should add a cover letter to every staff accountant job application.