A staff accountant resume is a 1-2-page document that contains information about your professional profile, skills, qualifications, and experiences.
In order to write a perfect resume for a staff accountant position, study the following 7 useful tips and a sample.
Staff Accountant Resume Writing Tips
- Start your resume with a strong summary or objective statement.
- Make a brief and focused experience section.
- Define your value and show your potential supported by quantified achievements.
- Highlight the skills which prospective employer seeks.
- Exclude any irrelevant details.
- Use short and bullet phrases to express your competencies.
- Send a Staff Accountant Cover Letter along with your resume.
The following is a sample resume for a staff accountant position.
Staff Accountant Resume Sample
Harry Guilford, CMA
610 Zachery Blvd, Charleston, SC 78002
Accounting principles | Audit preparation | Financial controls
Detail-oriented accounting professional with 14 years of progressively responsible experience in journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP, processing vendor credit applications, and tracking vendor insurance requirements. Demonstrated ability to handle special accounting projects independently.
Processed and recorded account payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are timely paid. Efficiently managed the processing of cash receipts and recording of revenue and receivables.
PCL Industries, Charleston, SC
5/2013 – Present
• Reconcile 30+ accounts on a daily basis.
• Improve the accuracy of overall accounts operation by 30% through active liaison with other departments.
• Develop cost control initiatives that reduced $26000 annual banking expenses.
• Create general ledger entries and post payments.
• Process and forward vendor invoices and feed the amounts of accounts payable records.
• Maintain balance sheets for all accounts.
• Reconcile multiple bank accounts and issue periodic statements for the same.
ABC Company, Charleston, SC
3/2007 – 4/2012
• Reconstructed staff workloads and made pertinent load divisions, which led to a 30% increase in work efficiency.
• Managed assigned ledgers and posted cash on a daily basis.
• Made general entries for Accounts payable and receivable.
• Processed and generated payrolls and issued associated financial statements.
• Performed backup account support functions.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
City University, Charleston, SC
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Financial Audits – Accounts Reconciliation
– Cash Posting – Ledgers Balancing
– Payroll Processing – Internal Controls
– Vendor Invoicing – LCA Budgeting
– POA Analysis – A/P and A/R
– Cash Flow Projection
• MS Word and Access
• Excel and Spreadsheets
• VMS and JD Edwards
• PeopleSoft Financials
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
“I perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to different work environments.”
Staff Accountant Resume Sample 2
57 Susan Cir N
Park City, IL 53102
Detail-oriented staff accountant with 7+ years of progressive experience in reconciling balance sheet accounts, general ledger operations, and journal entry preparation. Exceptionally proficient in compiling and analyzing financial information and ensuring appropriate recording and analysis of office expenses.
Assists controllers with periodic operations of the accounting/finance department including grant management and budget reviews. Reviews expense coding to ensure grant compliance and perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Data Collection – Regulatory Compliance
– Internal Controls – Results Evaluation
– Branch Evaluations – Statement Analysis
– Reconciliation – Periodic Closings
– Improvement Initiatives – Verification Handling
– Invoice Support – Funds Management
East West Resorts, Park City, IL
2019 – Present
• Assist with the daily, monthly and annual operations of the accounting department, including grant management and budget review and analysis.
• Process and record account payable transactions.
• Ensures that all invoices and reimbursements are paid on time.
• Process cash receipts, record revenue, and work alongside the development team to ensure that revenue entries are properly reconciled.
• Review expense coding to ensure grant compliance and ensure that all eligible costs are tagged.
• Process functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, and amortization of prepaid expenses.
• Prepare and analyze monthly forecasts to actual variance reports per program and department.
• Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, such as bank statements, accruals, and prepaid expenses.
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports including financial statements and budget performance reports.
Selected Accomplishments and Results
• Implemented a petty cash disbursement system which proved to be 75% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Streamlined month-end accounts closing by introducing a novel system that was considered 50% more efficacious than the previous one.
Enterprise Holding, Park City, IL
2014 – 2019
• Prepared and maintained accounting documents and records and handled bank deposits and general ledger postings.
• Entered critical data of financial transactions in the database and restored lost account data.
• Prepared and posted journal entries and prepared and analyzed account reconciliations.
• Analyzed corporate expenses such as trended and forecasted results and tracked and allocated costs.
• Maintained purchase order processing systems and handled petty cash accounts.
Selected Accomplishments and Results
• Reconciled a particularly tricky to settle financial entry that had the entire department on tenterhooks for over two weeks.
• Introduced an innovative data collection method that increased the chances of the accuracy of the collected information.
Currently enrolled in the CPA program
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Park City Business School, Park City, IL | 2014