Staff Accountant Resume Writing Tips
• Make a brief and focused experience section of your staff accountant resume.
• Power up the summary statement with strong adjectives.
• Define your value and show your potential supported by quantified achievements.
• Highlight the only skills which prospective employer seeks.
• Exclude any irrelevant details.
• Use short and bullet phrases to express your competencies.
The following is a sample resume for a staff accountant position.
See also: Staff Accountant Cover Letter
Staff Accountant Resume Sample
|Harry Guilford, CMA|| 610 Zachery Blvd | Charleston, SC 78002|
(002) 855-8547 | Email
Detail-oriented accountancy professional with 13+ years’ progressive experience. Expert in journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP, processing vendor credit applications and tracking vendor insurance requirements. Demonstrated ability to handle special accounting projects independently.
Processes and records account payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are timely paid. Efficiently manages the processing of cash receipts and recording of revenue and receivables.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|✓ Financial Audits||✓ Accounts Reconciliation||✓ Cash Posting|
|✓ Ledgers Balancing||✓ Payroll Processing||✓ Internal Controls|
|✓ Vendor Invoicing||✓ LCA Budgeting||✓ POA Analysis|
|✓ A/P and A/R||✓ Cash Flow Projection||✓ Customer Service|
PCL INDUSTRIES, Charleston, SC
Staff Accountant | 5/2009 – Present
• Reconcile 30+ accounts on a daily basis.
• Improve the accuracy of overall accounts operation by 30% through active liaison with other departments.
• Develop cost control initiatives which reduced $26000 annual banking expenses.
• Create general ledger entries and post payments.
• Process and forward vendor invoices and feed the amounts of accounts payable record.
• Maintain balance sheets for all accounts.
• Reconcile multiple bank accounts and issue periodic statements for same.
Accountant | 3/2004 – 4/2009
• Reconstructed staff workloads and made pertinent load divisions which led to 30% enhancement of work efficiency.
• Managed assigned ledgers and posted cash on a daily basis.
• Made general entries for Accounts payable and receivable.
• Processed and generated payrolls and issued associated financial statements.
• Performed backup account support functions.
City University, Charleston, SC | 2003
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
• MS Word and Access
• Excel and Spreadsheets
• VMS and JD Edwards
• PeopleSoft Financials
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
“I perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to the office environment while meeting deadlines.”