Staff Accountant Resume Writing Tips
In order to write a perfect resume for a staff accountant position, see the following 7 useful tips:
- Start your resume with a strong summary or objective statement.
- Make a brief and focused experience section.
- Define your value and show your potential supported by quantified achievements.
- Highlight the skills which prospective employer seeks.
- Exclude any irrelevant details.
- Use short and bullet phrases to express your competencies.
- Send a Staff Accountant Cover Letter along with your resume.
The following is a sample resume for a staff accountant position.
Staff Accountant 2021 Resume Sample
Harry Guilford, CMA
610 Zachery Blvd, Charleston, SC 78002
Accounting principles | Audit preparation | Financial controls
Detail-oriented accountancy professional with 13+ years’ progressively responsible experience in journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP, processing vendor credit applications, and tracking vendor insurance requirements. Demonstrated ability to handle special accounting projects independently.
Processed and recorded account payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are timely paid. Efficiently managed the processing of cash receipts and recording of revenue and receivables.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
✓ Financial Audits
✓ Accounts Reconciliation
✓ Cash Posting
✓ Ledgers Balancing
✓ Payroll Processing
✓ Internal Controls
✓ Vendor Invoicing
✓ LCA Budgeting
✓ POA Analysis
✓ A/P and A/R
✓ Cash Flow Projection
Staff Accountant | 5/2013 – Present
PCL INDUSTRIES, Charleston, SC
• Reconcile 30+ accounts on a daily basis.
• Improve the accuracy of overall accounts operation by 30% through active liaison with other departments.
• Develop cost control initiatives which reduced $26000 annual banking expenses.
• Create general ledger entries and post payments.
• Process and forward vendor invoices and feed the amounts of accounts payable records.
• Maintain balance sheets for all accounts.
• Reconcile multiple bank accounts and issue periodic statements for the same.
Accountant | 3/2007 – 4/2012
• Reconstructed staff workloads and made pertinent load divisions which led to 30% enhancement of work efficiency.
• Managed assigned ledgers and posted cash on a daily basis.
• Made general entries for Accounts payable and receivable.
• Processed and generated payrolls and issued associated financial statements.
• Performed backup account support functions.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
City University, Charleston, SC
• MS Word and Access
• Excel and Spreadsheets
• VMS and JD Edwards
• PeopleSoft Financials
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
“I perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to different work environments.”