Even though applying for an entry-level staff accountant position is a great burden, it isn’t really. But you do have to make a special effort when crafting one.
As a matter of fact, a cover letter that speaks volumes for your ability to work as a staff accountant will go a long way in helping a hiring manager decide in your favor.
Let us take it from the top. Writing a cover letter for a staff accountant position (with no experience) is no big deal. Just follow the instructions:
- Read and understand the job description in detail
- Align your skills with the hiring manager’s requirements
- Write smart but not too long
Following these guidelines will bring you many steps closer to your destination – aka the interview.
The following entry-level cover letter sample will help you further:
Sample Cover Letter for Staff Accountant With No Experience
July 15, 2020
Ms. Jennifer Reginald
Human Resources Manager
5720 Worthy Road
Overland Park, KS 19047
Dear Ms. Reginald:
This letter is a keen expression of interest in the Staff Accountant position at West Rock. With my bachelor’s degree in accounting and exceptional knowledge of the accounting field, I will prove myself to be a great asset.
After receiving my degree in accounting, I held a 3-month internship at Rubble Enterprises as an accounting intern. There, I learned much about the work of a staff accountant, and can safely and accurately replicate it for West Rock.
Precisely, I offer the following qualifications:
- Ability to manage payrolls, bank reconciliations, and journal entries while ensuring that discrepancies are kept at bay.
- Well-versed in working with operations and accounting managers in order to improve processes associated with refunds and chargebacks.
- Competent in maintaining and updating accounting records and files.
- Knowledge of examining tax policies, and handling tax payments aligns perfectly with your needs.
- Able to post transactions and categorize records in predefined ways, for example, by assets, liabilities, and expenses.
I’d like to talk with you to discuss my capabilities in detail. After a few days, I will contact your secretary so as to set up a mutually convenient meeting time. If you need to reach me in the interim, please call me at (000) 284-9944.
Thank you for your time and consideration.