A resume objective is the most underrated section on the most important job application document.
When you write a general ledger accountant resume, always begin it with an objective, as it will save you from a lot of hassle.
Writing an accountant resume objective is not always difficult. When is it tough to write? Well, there are times when you are unsure of what your own abilities are, and this may become a problem when writing an objective. You have to know yourself really well before you can show yourself off!
Here are some tips.
✓ Do not think of an objective as unnecessary.
✓ Make a special effort to create the content in it.
✓ Use your good sense to pick up words and phrases from the job advertisement to which you are responding.
✓ Think of the resume objective as a window to your professional existence on the planet.
Once you begin thinking this way, you will automatically come up with ideas to write an excellent objective that is sure to blow the hiring manager away.
Making sure that your resume objective is reflective of the information provided in the rest of the document is important. If anything doesn’t gel, it will automatically kill your resume, and your chances of being called in for an interview. Don’t fret. Instead, have a look at the following resume objective samples to see how you can create your own:
• Highly experienced General Ledger Accountant, with exceptional skills in preparing monthly journal entries, and assisting with balance sheet preparation, along with excellent ability to review cash deposits, and prepare cash receipt general entries, presently seeking a position at Lewis Energy Group.
• General Ledger Accountant, with extensive exposure to creating and maintaining journal entries, reviewing incoming invoices for accuracy, and initiating payment processes. Currently looking for a position at True Manufacturing, by providing benefit of excellent comprehension of accounting principles, and their applications.
• Desire a General Ledger Accountant position at Aramark. Offering demonstrated expertise in preparing annual financial reports, reconciling balance sheet accounts, performing fixed assets reconciliations, and posting and administering journal entries.
• Resourceful, competent, and highly experienced General Ledger Accountant, anticipating a position at Olympia Entertainment. Effectively able to handle simple and complex accounting tasks, including generating trial balances, preparing and reviewing account reconciliations, and maintaining chart of accounts.
• To obtain a position as a General Ledger Accountant at Texas School for the Deaf, by applying well-placed proficiencies in conducting regular ledger closings, analyzing and reporting variances and fluctuations, and ensuring compliance of accounting procedures with company policies and rules.