Administrative professionals work in many capacities within an office environment.
Their primary job is to ensure the smooth running of the office that they are responsible for and to ensure that all clerical work and customer handling is performed flawlessly.
You can be the lead administrator, an assistant or simply in a role that quantifies administrative work. It is all very well to say that work as an administrator can be found in any setting but it is not an easy job as any number of skills may prove to be less than adequate at times.
Let us have a look at a list of skills that are required to perform the administrative duties efficiently. These statements can be utilized to build an administrative assistant resume.
Skills List for Administrative Resume
• Proven written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proficient in writing and handling business correspondence
• Proven ability to organize personal work priorities
• Competent at filing and updating records
• Adept at making travel and accommodation arrangements
• Working knowledge of bookkeeping tasks
• Solid knowhow of general office procedures
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to type at least 50 WPM
• Excellent organizational skills
• Expert in handling office equipment including copiers and fax machines
• Internet savvy with a proven expertise in using MS Office applications
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Special talent for researching and analyzing data effectively
• Exceptional attention to detail with proven interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to use standard business software and applications
• Demonstrated ability to remain self motivated at all times
• Able to manage stress timely and effectively
• Flexible in working hours