No matter which position you are applying for, resumes hold great weight in the job selection criteria.
Let us look at the example of an entry-level accountant.
An accountant is responsible for managing a vast array of tasks in almost all settings.
They manage accounts receivable and payable along with billing and payroll at times.
If you mention these attributes in an accountant resume, it is likely that you will be shortlisted for an interview.
The following will help entry-level accountants in building an effective resume.
See also: Accountant Cover Letter No Experience
Sample Entry Level Accountant Resume No Experience
88 Poplar Springs Drive
Killen, AL 88992
Driven and trustworthy Accountant with a strong educational background in accountancy and exceptional organizational skills. Energetic to work in a challenging and pro-learning environment at ABC Company.
- A solid grasp of generally accepted accounting principles
- Good understanding of the execution of accounting activities
- Exceptional know-how in payment control and payment order
- Proficient in carrying out accounts receivable and payable procedures
- In-depth knowledge of recording budget appropriations and identification of delinquent accounts
- Strong understanding of accounting reports
- Computer: MS Office Suite and QuickBooks and Accountancy Software
- Familiarity with audit and statutory requirements
Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance
University of Alabama, Killen, AL
Expected Graduation Date: Dec 2022
Cumulative GPA: 3.5/4.0
Quality Systems, Inc. – Irvine, CA
Jan 2022 – Apr 2022
- Analyzed commercial credit reports on existing clients to re-established their credit class using the existing matrix strategy.
- Evaluated and processed requests for bank and trade references on new customers.
- Reviewed and processed in-house demand letters.
- Prepared various accounting reports for management.
- Basic understanding of ERP
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask