Accountants prepare and analyze financial records. They ensure that financial statements and records are correct and that taxes are paid appropriately. They are also expected to manage issues that deal directly with a company’s profits, losses, expenditures, as well as payrolls.
The position of an accountant usually requires a degree in accounting and finance. They should have the ability to understand how to deal with general ledgers, payrolls, expenditures, finances, profits, and sales.
Accountants can be separated into three different types; public accountants, government accountants, and management accountants. While they work for different kinds of organizations, the essence of their work remains more or less the same.
A resume for an accountant position plays a vital role in your job search. Take help from the example below to build an effective resume for an accountant position.
Related: Accountant Cover Letter Samples
Accountant Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
4665 Hamilton Drive, Derby, NY 65874
Highly energetic and analytic-minded accountant with 12+ years’ extensive experience working for busy financial institutions. Successful track record of managing accounting reports following accepted accounting procedures. Adept at Quickbooks, budgeting, balancing accounts, and payroll. Familiar with analyzing and reviewing financial statements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Ledger Accounts Maintenance
- Financial Statements Development
- Monthly Account Reconciliation
- Audit Assistance
- Variance And Risk Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Proposal Preparation
- Budget And Forecast
- Financial Statement Examination
- Tax Returns Preparation
• Spreadsheets and relational database programs
• Microsoft Office applications
DynCorp International LLC. – Fort Worth, TX
2016 – Present
• Prepare projections for budgets and reviewed financial reports.
• Assist in preparing financial reports and managing discrepancies.
• Identify discrepancies and correct them.
• Reconcile accounts on a regular basis.
• Manage billing and payroll activities.
• Assist auditors with their work.
• Manage internal auditing on own initiative.
• Perform financial analysis as needed.
• Reorganized the company’s accounting system by shifting all records from paper into an electronic database.
• Infused a central accounting information system into the current system to ensure centralized data management for all offices.
IINN – Flint, MI
2009 – 2016
• Prepared chart of accounts as directed.
• Managed financial analysis on reports as directed.
• Calculated pay and benefits.
• Prepared tax documents and returns.
• Assisted in analyzing and monitoring expenditures.
• Interacted with auditors for internal and external audits.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
Derby University, Fort Worth, TX
“I offer exceptional communication skills, and a proactive approach towards work.”
Accountant Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
Houston, TX 56333
kevin @ email .com
Industrious professional with extensive experience in preparing, examining, and analyzing financial statements, and accounting records to assess precision, unity, and conformance to reporting and legal standards.
• Expert in profit loss sharing account handling and management
• Proven ability to meet strict transaction processing deadlines
• Adept at the analysis of monthly capitalization for fixed and fluid assets
• Capable of manual processing of credit card payments
• Proficient in conducting corporate financial statement scrutiny and analysis followed by report issuance
✔ Taxes computation ✔ Records organization
✔ Business operations ✔ Tax returns preparation
✔ Account books inspection ✔ Costs reduction
✔ Payment compliance ✔ Revenues enhancement
✔ Financial assessment
Jigsaw Hardware Co, Houston, TX
July 2019 – Present
• Audit financial summaries in conciliation with the company’s internal and state-issued accounting policies
• Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to the concerned authorities
• Execute and overlook daily cash management issues including funds transfer, balancing, and reconciliation
• Maintain a hard and soft copy of the invoice and transactional record
• Implemented an automated payroll system which reduced labor costs by 40%
• Trained 12 new inductees regarding the company’s policy on accounts handling
HBO, Houston, TX
Apr 2016 – Jun 2019
• Assisted in the preparation of the annual budget and strategic financial planning
• Managed and supervised all cash flow and ensured balancing and reconciliation of the same with bank statement at day closing
• Attended and conducted monthly financial meetings for review of accounts
• Carried out GL mapping and coding for effective processing of tax payments
• Reduced the workload in the accounts department by 20% via the introduction of various accounting software including Epicor
Texas University, Houston, TX
• Online P&L balancing and cash flow management
• Digital ledger Reconciliation
• Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and CPA
• MS Office Suite, Oracle, and Excel Spreadsheets
Accountant Duties for Resume
The following accountant job description statements will help you in building the EXPERIENCE section of your resume. You can use some of the following phrases in your resume.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable including collection and preparation of payment plans, deposits, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and financial statements
- Maintain AP/AR and account/bank reconciliation
- Manage office files and account records
- Forecast and prepare the budget
- Assist in tax preparations
- Maintain client records using spreadsheets and databases
- Prepare and reviewed accounting reports
- Perform the expense and revenue variance analysis
- Assist the finance office in the preparation of revenue and cost drivers
- Apply cost accounting principles and theories for decision-making
- Prepare journal entries, budget transfers, and internal financial reports
- Prepare journal entries and post them to the general ledger
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Manage accounting for and tracking of fixed assets
- Assist with accounting for the international subsidiary
- Prepare periodic reports depicting assets, liabilities, and capital account entries
- Ensure documentation of financial transactions
- Analyze accounting options and suggest financial actions to the management
- Collect information and summarize the company’s financial status by using balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- Manage payrolls and petty cash and audit transactions
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and take corrective measures
- Ensure the security of financial information by taking backups
- Prepare payments and request reimbursements
- Develop and maintain financial policies
- Control income and expenditure
- Analyze periodic financial accounts
- Prepare budgets and financial statements
- Compute taxes owed by the company and employees and ensure payment compliance
- Assign proper entries to the table of accounts
- Compare the budgeted costs to the actual costs
- Assist in hiring and training accounting staff
- Perform auditing services on company accounts
- Investigate bankruptcies and report information to the higher management
- Code invoices and closed books on a monthly basis