Accountants prepare and analyze financial records. They ensure that financial statements and records are correct and that taxes are paid appropriately.
They are also expected to manage issues that deal directly with a company’s profits, losses, expenditures, as well as payrolls.
To get a job as an accountant, you will need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Some hands-on experience will be a plus.
A resume for an accountant position plays a vital role in your job hunt process. Take help from the example below to build an effective resume for an accountant position.
See also: Accountant Cover Letter Samples
Sample Resume for Accountant Position
4665 Hamilton Drive, Derby, NY 65874
Highly energetic and analytic-minded accountant with 12+ years’ extensive experience working for busy financial institutions. Successful track record of managing accounting reports following accepted accounting procedures. Adept at Quickbooks, budgeting, balancing accounts, and payroll. Familiar with analyzing and reviewing financial statements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Ledger Accounts Maintenance
- Financial Statements Development
- Monthly Account Reconciliation
- Audit Assistance
- Variance And Risk Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Proposal Preparation
- Budget And Forecast
- Financial Statement Examination
- Tax Returns Preparation
• Spreadsheets and relational database programs
• Microsoft Office applications
DynCorp International LLC. – Fort Worth, TX
2016 – Present
• Prepare projections for budgets and reviewed financial reports.
• Assist in preparing financial reports and managing discrepancies.
• Identify discrepancies and correct them.
• Reconcile accounts on a regular basis.
• Manage billing and payroll activities.
• Assist auditors with their work.
• Manage internal auditing on own initiative.
• Perform financial analysis as needed.
• Reorganized the company’s accounting system by shifting all records from paper into an electronic database.
• Infused a central accounting information system into the current system to ensure centralized data management for all offices.
IINN – Flint, MI
2009 – 2016
• Prepared chart of accounts as directed.
• Managed financial analysis on reports as directed.
• Calculated pays and benefits.
• Prepared the tax documents and returns.
• Assisted in analyzing and monitoring expenditures.
• Interacted with auditors for internal and external audits.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
Derby University, Fort Worth, TX
“I offer exceptional communication skills, and a proactive approach towards work.”