Accountants prepare and analyze financial records. They ensure that financial statements and records are correct and that taxes are paid appropriately. These professionals are also expected to manage issues that deal directly with a company’s profits, losses, expenditures and even payrolls.
In order to get a job as an accountant, you need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Some hands-on experience will be a plus.
A resume for accountant position plays a vital role in your job hunt process. Take help from the example below in order to build an effective resume for accountant position.
Accountant Resume Example
4665 Hamilton Drive, Derby, NY 65874
(000) 999-6580, john.stephenson @email . com
Highly energetic and analytic-minded accountant with 8+ years’ experience working with diverse financial institutions. Well-versed with universally accepted accounting principles. Hands on experience of managing accounting reports following accepted accounting procedures. Adept at Quickbooks, budgeting, balancing accounts and payroll. Familiar with analyzing and reviewing financial reports.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Ledger Accounts Maintenance||● Financial Statements Development|
|● Monthly Account Reconciliation||● Audit Assistance|
|● Variance And Risk Analysis||● Financial Reporting|
|● Proposal Preparation||● Budget And Forecast|
|● Financial Statement Examination||● Tax Returns Preparation|
• Spreadsheets and relational data base programs
• Microsoft Office applications
DynCorp International LLC. – Fort Worth, TX Jan 2011 – Present
• Prepare projections for budgets and reviewed financial reports.
• Assist in preparing financial reports and managing discrepancies.
• Identify discrepancies and correct them.
• Reconcile accounts on a regular basis.
• Manage billing and payroll activities.
• Assist auditors with their work.
• Manage internal auditing on own initiative.
• Perform financial analysis as needed.
• Reorganized the company’s accounting system by shifting all records from paper into an electronic database.
• Infused a central accounting information system into the current system in order to ensure centralized data management for all offices.
IINN – Flint, MI Feb 2006 – Jan 2011
• Prepared chart of accounts as directed.
• Managed financial analysis on reports as directed.
• Calculated pays and benefits.
• Prepared tax documents and returns.
• Assisted in analyzing and monitoring expenditures.
• Interacted with auditors for internal and external audits.
Bachelor Degree in Finance
Derby University,Fort Worth, TX – 2005
• Exceptional communication skills
• Proactive approach towards work